Guild is hiring for a Key Account Director to drive net new business for Guild by evangelizing strategic value of education benefits for Fortune 500 companies.
As a Key Account Director, you'll be responsible for initiating and maintaining senior level client relationships and closing net new business through understanding those client's business goals. You will own complex sales structures end-to-end while employing various sales strategies including prospecting, call planning, account planning and org mapping in an effort to drive positive sales outcomes.
Note this job is eligible to be based in any one of the following 25 approved states for Guild hiring: AZ, CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, TN, TX, SC, CT, VA, WA, and WI.
As a Key Account Director, you will:
- Engage with C-suite and VP level executives at global enterprise companies (e.g Fortune 500) to generate new business and grow revenue through meetings and phone calls
- Build strategic presentations and proposals to build effective champions with our prospective companies and support our buyers to see the path to successfully rolling out an enterprise wide education initiative.
- Design proposals and contracts that support the strategic goals of prospective clients through thoughtful program design, likely to include budget forecasting, implementation planning
- Work cross-functionally with our Client Service, Product and Solutions teams to provide visibility and feedback into new partner goals so they can successfully implement the right solutions
You are a strong fit for this role if :
- You have 7+ years field sales experience at the enterprise level
- Recent experience managing and closing complex sales cycles with Fortune 500 accounts (bonus if you have experience selling into CHRO and HR)
- Proven success of selling contract values larger than $1M
- You are a proven top performer (consistently exceed revenue targets)
- Experience in a startup or similar fast-paced environment where there is frequent change and a need to demonstrate and act with a sense of urgency
- You are highly strategic, act as a consultant to your clients, and have a well structured repeatable process to follow from discovery through close
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We are one of the few female-led companies to hit a $1 billion valuation and the only Certified B Corporation with those qualifications. Our Series D financing round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $155 - $175K and eligibility for significant commission compensation, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help you recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, so that you can take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth