Guild is hiring for a Director of Reimbursement Services to lead Guild’s growing team of reimbursement specialists, responsible for facilitating tens of millions of dollars in tuition and books reimbursement for students across Guild’s educational marketplace.
As Director of Reimbursement Services you will be responsible for scaling one of Guild’s critical service lines. In particular, we are looking for a leader who is equally passionate about providing high quality customer service and driving efficiency; is excited to celebrate successes while relentlessly looking for systems improvements; can see both the forest and the trees, identifying areas to reduce manual processes while maintaining quality and accuracy; can design systems, work flows, and staffing strategies to manage peaks and valleys in volume; is able to analyze data to team and individual drive results; is effectively able to work up, down and across an organization; asks “why,” and is not afraid to wade in ambiguity to help drive decision-making for Guild. We are looking for someone who wants to roll up their sleeves, provide operational expertise, and is interested in building a world class team.
As a Director of Reimbursement Services, you will:
- Recruit, manage, train, mentor and provide growth opportunities for the team of Specialists
- Set service standards, define KPIs, and ensure team and individual accountability
- Optimize workflows and staffing to accommodate known seasonality
- Define and oversee processes and SLAs which drive consistency across clients while being flexible to meet individual partner needs
- Identify and inform product and service improvements within the Reimbursement Tool
- Analyze TR data to derive internal and external insights
- Ensure the highest degree of accuracy and compliance for individual requests against each employer’s policy
- Design strategies to improve results and overall user experience, including but not limited to higher first time acceptance rates; faster turnaround times; streamlined and value-added communication with employers and students
- Develop the business case and inform investments in new product features for students, employers, and internal users
- Coordinate with Enrollment, Student Services, Finance, and Enterprise Sales/Client Success teams to solve problems and escalate issues quickly
- Join a team committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
In addition to working on the Reimbursement Operations team (part of the overall Marketplace Operations & Payments Strategy function), in this role you will collaborate with other Guild leaders including: Bijal Shah (Chief Product and Analytics Officer), Terrence Cummings (VP of Client Success), Zoe Weintraub (VP of Partnerships), Jamie Masterson (Group Product Manager), Eric Doty (Director of Tuition Assistance Facilitation.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 7+ years of experience operations experience, preferably in customer service, coaching or call center environments
- Experience scaling a team, processes, and systems in a fast growing environment
- Built teams that maintain a high internal and external customer service or NPS score
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, creating confidence and credibility with external and internal stakeholders
- Passion for working with service-enabled technology products
- Demonstrated ability to leverage data, metrics, and analytics to drive decisions, insights, accountability and improve results
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience building or improving upon new processes which improve efficiency without compromising quality
- Empathy and understanding which you bring to our students, employers, and teammates
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, and patience to the role to a fast-paced, fun, and collaborative environment
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion. Fast Company recently named Guild as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies and we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis, Bessemer, Redpoint, Rethink EDU, Harrison Metal, Cowboy Ventures, Salesforce and Workday Ventures.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.