Guild, the leading education benefits platform and one of Denver's fastest growing startups, is increasing economic mobility for working adults in America and providing education and support to help every student survive and thrive in the economy of tomorrow. Our platform helps employers offer education as a benefit to their employees by connecting employers' workforces with our network of nonprofit universities and education institutions that focus on serving the needs of working adults. And, our team of retention coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through graduation. In order to accelerate our growth and achieve our mission to serve 1000s more students, we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Redpoint Ventures (among other social impact and VC partners!). Now, we’re looking to add a Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Analyst to the team.
As a FP&A Analyst, you’ll help build out robust and agile finance and business planning operations so we can rapidly scale. Your responsibilities will include supporting forecasting and planning, financial reporting, company goal-setting, and strategic finance analyses, all while helping Guild achieve its mission. In this role, you will form strong relationships across the organization and work with both internal and external stakeholders. You’ll be a critical member of the team, spotting new opportunities, filling the gaps, and improving internal operations to help Guild scale quickly.
A day in our open, collaborative workspace might look like:
- Forecasting & Budgeting - Owning components of Guild’s operating model, which we use to plan headcount, cash flow, and resource allocations, as well as set and define company and department level KPIs
- Client Level Budgeting - Leading client-level budgeting and modeling for employer and academic partners to support sales process and ongoing partnership health
- Reporting - Preparing presentations and developing monthly close packages for our Board of Directors, Investors, and Senior Management to ensure key stakeholders are knowledgeable and equipped to contribute to Guild’s growth
- Goal Setting - Partnering with leadership to set company-wide annual and quarterly quantitative goals as part of Guild’s ongoing goal-setting process (OKRs)
- Business Analysis - Analyzing business and performance trends to provide actionable insights to leadership and department leads
- Corporate Strategy & Finance - Heading ad hoc projects to support key business decisions
In this role, you’ll grow and expand your expertise by:
- Helping continuously improve budgeting and reporting frameworks, tools, and processes to ensure access to timely, accurate and actionable data company wide
- Collaborating across all functions of our organization, from data and advanced analytics to ops and student facing teams, to distill complex inputs into financial forecasts
- Developing deep knowledge of the education space
You’ll know if you’re successful by:
- Ensuring our budgeting and reporting frameworks, tools, and processes provide company-wide access to timely, accurate and actionable data
- Enabling data-driven, high-impact decision making across the company
- Achieving established OKRs and expectations while demonstrating your passion for our mission - you'll receive ongoing feedback through your 1:1 meetings and go through bi-annual Structured Growth Conversations
You’ll join a team:
- From diverse backgrounds – from traditional higher education, to athletic coaches, to politicians, to startup leaders (and more!)
- Of learners & problem-solvers dedicated to our dual mission of changing education in America while building a successful, high-growth company
- Committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
What you’ll add to Guild – as an individual and part of the broader team:
- Experience. You have 2+ years of relevant work experience in a corporate finance function, investment banking, consulting, or private equity / growth equity. Preference for an undergraduate degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Finance, Accounting, Engineering, Mathematics, etc.)
- Technical skills. You’re an Excel expert will the ability to develop insightful and complex financial models and quantitative analysis, paired with critical thinking and sound business judgment. Experience implementing and managing a cloud-based EPM like Anaplan or Adaptive Insights strongly preferred; Looker and SQL experience a plus.
- Entrepreneurial: You are as self-starter with a roll-up-the-sleeves, action oriented mindset to have an impact in a fast-paced, rapidly changing growth environment
- Communication: You can distill and communicate complex topics broadly to board members, clients, front-line team members and everyone in between.
- Precision. You have sharp attention to detail with a natural feel for numbers and data, and have a high degree of accuracy in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Team skills: You have a positive attitude with a can-do, service-oriented mentality. You are collaborative, with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and build successful working relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Passion: You are passionate about serving our students and an unrelenting drive to build an amazing business
- Discipline. You have strong organizational and time management skills and ability to juggle multiple projects/tasks with multiple stakeholders while hitting deadlines on time sensitive projects.
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!