Guild is hiring for a Financial Planning and Analysis Analyst to help build out robust and agile finance and business planning operations so we can rapidly scale.
In this role, you would support forecasting and planning, financial reporting, company goal-setting, and strategic finance analyses, all while helping Guild achieve its mission. You’ll form strong relationships across the organization and work with both internal and external stakeholders. In addition, you’d be a critical member of the team, spotting new opportunities, filling the gaps, and improving internal operations to help Guild scale quickly.
As an FP&A Analyst, you will:
- Forecasting & Budgeting - Own components of Guild’s operating model, which we use to plan headcount, cash flow, and resource allocations, as well as set and define company and department level KPIs
- Client Level Budgeting - Lead client-level budgeting and modeling for employer and academic partners to support sales processes and ongoing partnership health
- Reporting - Prepare presentations and develop monthly close packages for our Board of Directors, investors, and senior management to ensure key stakeholders are knowledgeable and equipped to contribute to Guild’s growth
- Goal Setting - Partner with leadership to set company-wide annual and quarterly quantitative goals as part of Guild’s ongoing goal-setting process (OKRs)
- Business Analysis - Analyze business and performance trends to provide actionable insights to leadership and department leads
- Corporate Strategy & Finance - Head ad hoc projects to support key business decisions
- Join a team committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Experience. You have 2+ years of relevant work experience in a corporate finance function, investment banking, consulting, or private equity / growth equity. Preference for an undergraduate degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Finance, Accounting, Engineering, Mathematics, etc.)
- Technical skills. You’re an Excel expert will the ability to develop insightful and complex financial models and quantitative analysis, paired with critical thinking and sound business judgment. Experience implementing and managing a cloud-based EPM like Anaplan or Adaptive Insights strongly preferred; Looker and SQL experience a plus.
- Entrepreneurial: You are as self-starter with a roll-up-the-sleeves, action oriented mindset to have an impact in a fast-paced, rapidly changing growth environment
- Communication: You can distill and communicate complex topics broadly to board members, clients, front-line team members and everyone in between.
- Precision. You have sharp attention to detail with a natural feel for numbers and data, and have a high degree of accuracy in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Team skills: You have a positive attitude with a can-do, service-oriented mentality. You are collaborative, with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and build successful working relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Passion: You are passionate about serving our students and an unrelenting drive to build an amazing business
- Discipline. You have strong organizational and time management skills and ability to juggle multiple projects/tasks with multiple stakeholders while hitting deadlines on time sensitive projects.
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion. Fast Company recently named Guild as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies and we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis, Bessemer, Redpoint, Rethink EDU, Harrison Metal, Cowboy Ventures, Salesforce and Workday Ventures.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.