Guild, the leading education benefits platform and one of Denver's fastest growing startups, is increasing economic mobility for working adults in America and providing education and support to help every student survive and thrive in the economy of tomorrow. Our platform helps employers offer education as a benefit to their employees by connecting employers' workforces with our network of nonprofit universities and education institutions that focus on serving the needs of working adults. And, our team of retention coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through graduation. In order to accelerate our growth and achieve our mission to serve 1000s more students, we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Redpoint Ventures (among other social impact and VC partners!). Now, we’re looking to add a Marketing Operations Coordinator to the team.
As the Marketing Operations Coordinator, you’ll be responsible for the technical planning, implementation, and optimization of campaigns throughout the student journey. This role will join the growing Marketing team to help Guild Education scale our communications to be able to serve more students. This is a rare opportunity to play a critical role in the growth of a fast paced startup while making a direct impact on students’ lives by helping them achieve their educational goals.
A day in our open, collaborative workspace might look like:
- Creating email campaigns in Marketo informed by data and research with the goal of promoting student engagement and accelerate the student funnel.
- Working with the content creators on our Marketing team to implement campaigns for both B2B and B2C audiences.
- Help our marketing team launch and test marketing channels, like SMS and advertising.
- Brainstorming with members of our Enrollment and Retention teams to come up with solutions for helping our students enroll and succeed in school.
- Increasing automated communications to help our student-facing teams spend more time helping students and less time on manual communications work.
- Analyzing marketing successes and failures to help our team learn and improve.
In this role, you’ll grow and expand your expertise by:
- Driving the customer experience — you’ll understand the funnel from top to bottom.
- Learning how to scale marketing operations. Guild’s quick growth adds operational complexity that you’ll learn how to manage.
- Understanding how to use data and research to make decisions.
- Master Marketo, a marketing automation platform that houses our communications.
You’ll know if you’re successful by:
- Improving conversion rates across the marketing and enrollment funnel.
- Helping other departments achieve their goals by sharing actionable insights.
- Providing metrics, infrastructure, and best practices to reinforce or adjust our marketing strategy.
- Achieving established OKRs and expectations while demonstrating your passion for our mission - you'll receive ongoing feedback through your 1:1 meetings and go through bi-annual Structured Growth Conversations
- Bringing enthusiasm, flexibility, and patience to the role to a fast-paced, fun, and collaborative environment.
You’ll join a team:
- Of driven marketers that know how to balance fun with hard work.
- Focused on our double-bottom-line mission of changing higher ed for working adults and building a successful startup in Denver
- From diverse backgrounds – from traditional higher education, to athletic coaches, to politicians, to startup leaders (and more!)
- Of learners & problem-solvers dedicated to our dual mission of changing education in America while building a successful, high-growth company
- Committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
What you’ll add to Guild – as an individual and part of the broader team:
- 1+ years' of experience
- Technical and analytical background that will help us move our marketing forward with a process- and data-oriented approach.
- Curiosity to learn the ins and outs of our funnel, ask questions, and chase down the answers.
- A collaborative spirit dedicated to helping teams across the company achieve their goals.
- Passion for our mission – Guild is pioneering a new path for education as a benefit in a complicated and regulated space – success means quickly and effectively adapting your expertise.
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!