Guild is one of Denver’s fastest growing startups - increasing economic mobility for working adults in America, providing education and support to help every student survive and thrive in the economy of tomorrow. Our education benefits platform helps employers offer education as a benefit to their employees, and our network of nonprofit universities and education institutions helps provide every Guild student with the right academic pathway to advance their education and career. In order to achieve our mission to serve 1000s more students and accelerate our growth, we recently raised a $40M Series C round with top tier investors including Felicis Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Workday Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Redpoint Ventures. Now, we’re looking to add a Reimbursement Operations Specialist to the team.
As a Reimbursement Operations Specialist, you will be a critical member of the Reimbursement Operations team, supporting our students and employer partners with tools, guidance, and processing support to ensure our students receive their education reimbursements in a timely manner. Your day-to-day responsibilities include ensuring accurate and on-time processing of requests, providing quality customer service which leads to high student and client satisfaction, as well as partnering with cross-functional colleagues to drive continuous improvements.
A day in our open, collaborative workspace will look a little like this:
- Reviewing student reimbursement requests for completeness and accuracy, including entering comments and notes to document accounts and provide an audit trail.
- Directly engaging with and supporting students who call in or submit a ticket to resolve their issues and connect them to the correct next steps
- Coordinating with team managers and employer partners for escalations, questions, quality assurance.
- Connecting with Enrollment, Student Services, Finance, and Enterprise Sales/Client Success teams to collaboratively solve problems and identify areas of opportunity with individual students and business processes
- Identifying strategies and opportunities for process improvements
- Asking the questions that will help you help the team continuously improve our outcomes
- Supporting special projects as they arise (e.g., employer scholarships)
In this role, you’ll grow and expand your expertise by:
- Taking on a cross-functional role that will expose you to the ins and outs of Guild
- Showing initiative by solving unique problems across our student operations reimbursement team
- Participating in the development of new processes to improve key outcomes
You’ll know if you’re successful by:
- Successful completion of required tasks with the highest degree of accuracy and speed
- High student and employer satisfaction
- Effectively collaborating with teammates and supporting one another
- Receiving feedback through our learning-focused twice annual Structured Growth Conversations
You’ll join a team:
- Of experts with experience in sales, government, higher education, and private sector partnerships
- Of learners & problem-solvers dedicated to our dual mission of changing education in America while building a successful, high-growth company
- Committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
What you’ll add to Guild - as an individual and part of the broader team:
- Passion for higher education and our mission
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 2-5 years experience in a customer service or operations role
- Empathy and understanding which you bring to our students, employers, and team mates
- Self starter with demonstrated time management skills and ability to work independently, while managing multiple work-streams in a fast-paced, evolving work environment
- Ability to successfully navigate in a dynamic, cross functional and changing environment
- Professionalism and maturity, inspiring confidence to be the face of Guild to students and partners
- Ability to develop strong relationships and communicate effectively while under pressure - balancing confidence, humility, and diplomacy internally and externally
- A drive to work hard and a plan for how you can refresh and recharge while working in a startup
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!