Guild, the leading education benefits platform and one of Denver's fastest growing startups, is increasing economic mobility for working adults in America and providing education and support to help every student survive and thrive in the economy of tomorrow. Our platform helps employers offer education as a benefit to their employees by connecting employers' workforces with our network of nonprofit universities and education institutions that focus on serving the needs of working adults. Our tech and service enabled education benefits management platform ensures our students can finance their education with little to no out of pocket spend. And, our team of retention coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through graduation. In order to accelerate our growth and achieve our mission to serve 1000s more students, we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Redpoint Ventures (among other social impact and VC partners!). Now, we’re looking to bring on a Program Manager of Payments.
As the Program Manager of Payments you will own day-to-day partner management for Guild’s Education Benefits Management platform, one of the company’s fastest-growing and most vital business segments. The Benefits management platform is a highly cross-functional system, incorporating technology, payment strategy, policy and process to manage tuition benefits for thousands of Guild students. In this role you will develop strong relationships internally, with Guild’s new and existing Fortune 1000 clients and top-tier academic partners, and will be responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of the Benefit Management system across the Guild marketplace. You will develop an expertise in the workflows and needs of Guild and Guild’s partners, identify opportunities for process and policy improvements, feed new value-creating solutions back to our internal teams, thereby enabling the support Guild students need to succeed in their academic programs. This role will report to Chloe Rittenhouse, Senior Manager.
A day in our open, collaborative workspace will look a little like this:
- Serving as the primary liaison for new and existing academic and employer partners on areas related to education benefit program & policy strategy and design, education benefits administration, and tuition facilitation, including systems improvements and troubleshooting
- Partnering with our marketplace delivery and payments ops teams to define requirements; drive the onboarding; and support ongoing management of new employer and academic partners into Guild’s Benefits Management platform, while ensuring contractual requirements are met.
- Earning trust and increasing partner satisfaction through data, insights, and solutions that make Guild our partners most valuable benefits administrator.
- Championing key projects that benefit your key stakeholders and Guild, ensuring proper documentation and communications
- Collaborating with our data engineers, product, finance, and operating teams to brainstorm approaches and solutions for more scalable outcomes
- Partnering with Client Success and Finance to help develop and refine short-term and long-term forecasts for benefits budget reviews
In this role, you’ll grow and expand your skills by:
- Tackling some of the most interesting and complex problems facing Guild, while having a direct positive impact on our students
- Taking on a cross-functional role that will expose you to the ins and outs of Guild (working with our Finance, Data Engineering, Product, Client Success and Academic Partnerships teams)
- Building and managing strong relationships with Fortune 1000 clients and top-tier academic partners that position Guild as a valuable long-term education benefits provider
- Developing an intimate understanding of what it takes to drive exponential growth and scale that’s beneficial for Guild, our employer and academic partners, and most importantly, our students
- Receiving feedback through our learning-focused, twice annual Structured Growth Conversations
You’ll know if you’re successful by:
- Delivering scalable solutions that drive enrollment, engagement and accuracy across the benefit administration system
- Ensuring Guild and partners have aligned expectations on benefits administration and customer service and compliance expectations are fully met
- Proactively identifying the needs of each client and each client’s employees, seeing system-wide improvement opportunities, and escalating any issues and potential solutions accordingly
- Partnering cross-functionally to respond to partner needs
You’ll join a team:
- Of learners dedicated to our mission and building a successful, dynamic company
- Committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
- From diverse backgrounds, ranging from finance, consulting to teaching to campaigns (and more!)
What you’ll add to Guild - as an individual and part of the broader team:
- 4-8 years of total experience in similar or related roles, preferably in dynamic cross-functional organizations where high-touch, long-term relationships were essential to the business’ success
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in economics, finance, accounting, business or similarly related field
- Knowledge and understanding of how to develop strong relationships, inspire confidence, and communicate effectively while under pressure - balancing confidence, humility, and diplomacy
- Organization with a high attention to detail; ability to manage high-level progress and small details
- A structured, analytical, systems and process-oriented thinker who can simplify and present complex problems and issues in an easy-to-understand manner, review existing products & process, identify gaps and opportunities, and provide recommendation for improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to challenge and debate issues to identify the best possible outcome
- Commitment to understanding technical matters outside own area of expertise
- Ability to take data-driven approach to partner management to increase satisfaction
- A plus would be experience in either the higher education industry (financial aid, higher ed regulations) or legal industry (tax, education, corporate, benefits)
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!