Guild, the leading education benefits platform and one of Denver's fastest growing startups, is increasing economic mobility for working adults in America and providing education and support to help every student survive and thrive in the economy of tomorrow. Our platform helps employers offer education as a benefit to their employees by connecting employers' workforces with our network of nonprofit universities and education institutions that focus on serving the needs of working adults. And, our team of retention coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through graduation. In order to accelerate our growth and achieve our mission to serve 1000s more students, we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Redpoint Ventures (among other social impact and VC partners!). Now, we’re looking to add a Manager of Student Operations to the team.
As the Manager of Student Operations, you’ll get to help build communication pathways for our customers while improving the current systems that are in place. You will get to make an immediate impact on improving our current systems and processes as we continue to grow you will be a key builder and influencer in what we end up doing, future state. You’ll be a critical member of the team, supporting student, employer, and academic partner requests for information and next steps.
A day in our open, collaborative workspace might look like:
- Collaborating effectively with Enrollment Services and Student Operations colleagues to improve the performance of all teams and individuals. Student Operations is the front line of defense for student questions and colleague support - cross-functional expertise is crucial.
- Partnering with cross-functional colleagues to identify opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the Student Operations team members, create process and program improvements, and implement change.
- Advocating for priorities needed to improve processes to internal and external stakeholders.
- Analyzing data to constantly improve student operations policies and processes.
- Supervising employees and working with them to develop their skills.
- Asking the questions that will help you help the team continuously improve our outcomes.
- Supervising a team of Student Operations Specialists.
- Being responsible for the advocacy of the vision and strategy for the ticketing process.
In this role, you’ll grow and expand your expertise by:
- Taking on a highly cross-functional role that will expose you to the ins and outs of many different departments at Guild.
- Showing leadership by solving unique, complex problems across our student operations team and the greater enrollment services team.
- Participating in the development of prototype processes to improve key outcomes.
- Assisting in building and implementing systems that help us scale
You’ll know if you’re successful by:
- Reducing the contact points our students need to have with the coaching team while ensuring excellent student experience.
- Creating a consistently high-performing team by hiring great new employees and training and developing existing team members while driving high employee satisfaction.
- Achieving established SLAs well as driving the achievement of desired goals for your team.
- Owning the strategy and process improvement for multiple complex projects and initiatives.
- Launching new programs to meet our corporate partners’ and university partners’ needs.
- Improving student experience at the interaction points that you’re responsible for.
- Bringing enthusiasm, flexibility, and patience to the role to a fast-paced, fun, and collaborative environment
You’ll join a team:
- From diverse backgrounds – from traditional higher education, to athletic coaches, to politicians, to startup leaders (and more!)
- Of learners & problem-solvers dedicated to our dual mission of changing education in America while building a successful, high-growth company
- Committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
What you’ll add to Guild – as an individual and part of the broader team:
- Experience leading a team of individual contributors in a rapidly changing an innovative environment
- A strong ability to perform in managing and leading people, holding them accountable, career development, change management, and performance management.
- Ability to manage and deliver a wide variety of projects to improve team processes and outputs.
- Experience using analytical approaches to develop, measure and evolve processes.
- Ability to develop strong relationships and communicate effectively while under pressure - balancing confidence, humility, and diplomacy internally and externally
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!