Guild, the leading education benefits platform and one of Denver's fastest growing startups, is increasing economic mobility for working adults in America and providing education and support to help every student survive and thrive in the economy of tomorrow. Our platform helps employers offer education as a benefit to their employees by connecting employers' workforces with our network of nonprofit universities and education institutions that focus on serving the needs of working adults. And, our team of retention coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through graduation. In order to accelerate our growth and achieve our mission to serve 1000s more students, we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Redpoint Ventures (among other social impact and VC partners!).
As our Senior Director, University Success, you will be a key leader in a business-critical team that manages one or more university partners (UPs). We are looking for a committed business unit leader with excellent management skills and enthusiasm for strategically guiding our academic partnerships and increasing student enrollment and outcomes. It’s an opportunity to create, innovate and test new ideas to strengthen our partnerships and ensure we scale efficiently and quickly together.
On any given day in our collaborative workspace you might:
- Growth - Drive growth in your partnership(s), working with our enrollment and student support teams, and guide improvements to student enrollment growth and student success outcomes
- Partner Management - Address partnership issues that arise and renegotiate contracts while cultivating personal relationships with University Provosts, CFOs, COOs and Operational VPs
- Planning - Develop short and long term strategic and operational plans for your academic partners that include operational, strategic, contract, process, and other related priorities
- Analysis - leverage data and analysis to drive improvement and identify key insights, trends and recommendations for your portfolio of university and academic partners
- Cross-Functional Operations - Support implementation of and manage on-going cross-functional operations for the academic partners on the following:
- Admissions policies and processes to improve enrollment and yield,
- Student services and coaching to improve student retention and completion outcomes,
- Financial/billing systems and processes, and
- Technical systems, data sharing and integrations
- New program launches - Identify and launch new programs in consultation with Guild’s Corporate Client Success teams and your academic partners
In this role, you’ll expand your expertise by:
- Using your expert project management skills to launch new academic partners and strong client management skills to run complex partnerships and prototype, test, and iterate new and innovative strategies
- Serving in a highly cross-functional, business critical role where you’ll have visibility, access and exposure to key decisions and the people making them
- Being the external face of Guild for operational issues facing your university and academic partners
You’ll know if you’re successful when:
- Guild university partnerships have met their student enrollment, retention, and completion goals
- The Academic Partnerships team achieves established quarterly goals for enrollment and retention metrics and receives high NPS scores from our university and academic partners
- Guild is viewed as a true partner—not a vendor—by our university partners….when university COOs, CFOs and SVPs ask for your endorsement
- You receive feedback and direction provided in our learning-focused, twice annual Structured Growth Conversations
You’ll join a team:
- Of experts with experience managing partnerships in government, higher education and private sector partnerships
- Of learners & problem-solvers dedicated to our dual mission of changing education in America while building a successful, high-growth company.
- Committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
What you’ll bring to Guild - as an individual and part of the broader team:
- 8+ years of expertise managing clients and/or partnerships, with particular emphasis on OPM experience or experience managing clients in a consulting capacity
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Experience using analytical approaches to develop, measure and evolve processes
- Servant leadership to a high performing team of university partnership professionals
- An understanding of diverse project management principles, processes, methodologies and tools paired with an ability to critically evaluate and implement the right options for each project
- Ability to successfully manage multiple complex, cross-functional projects at the same time
- Ability to develop strong relationships and communicate effectively while under pressure - balancing confidence, humility and diplomacy internally and externally
- Evidence of your intellectual curiosity in the space - do you blog, tweet, speak or read everything that’s out there - tell us more!
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!