Guild, the leading education benefits platform and one of Denver's fastest growing startups, is increasing economic mobility for working adults in America and providing education and support to help every student survive and thrive in the economy of tomorrow. Our platform helps employers offer education as a benefit to their employees by connecting employers' workforces with our network of nonprofit universities and education institutions that focus on serving the needs of working adults. And, our team of retention coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through graduation. In order to accelerate our growth and achieve our mission to serve 1000s more students, we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Redpoint Ventures (among other social impact and VC partners!).
As a Senior Front-End Software Engineer, you will lead a high performing team of front-end engineers to innovate and build software that helps students take advantage of Guild’s affordable education programs and coaching services. You will be primarily be focused on delivering, configurable and customized solutions for our clients, including delivering the benefits portal that employees will engage with when they learn about their company’s education benefit. In between delivering client solutions, you will continue to build out our front-end component library and ensure that our front-end experiences are seamless across applications, domains and environments. Moreover, you’ll use your passion for writing clean, well-tested front-end code to build high quality software that will scale efficiently with our continued business growth.
You will love this role if are excited about working in a fast-paced environment with opportunities to engage directly with our clients directly and have an immediate impact on the success of our education programs. This is a role where you can bring your passion for front-end development, design systems and expertise in creating seamless software solutions that work elegantly across multiple device types.
A day in our open, collaborative workspace might look like:
- Leading a team of front-end engineers building high quality software products for our employers, students and education partners – design and develop well-tested software from the ground up
- Integrating our front-end systems with backend internal and external APIs or a new CMS
- Proactively engaging with clients and product managers to gather requirements, working with internal teams choosing technology, deploying a solution to production, or leading and participating in day-to-day activities via our agile sprints, daily standups, planning, and retros
- Mentoring other engineers on our team – we’ll succeed, learn, and grow together, and sharing your expertise while collaboratively solving complex problems or pair programming
- Working closely with our product operations and implementation teams to ensure that project plans, stories, and estimates are accurate and ensure that features delivered meet client expectations and are delivered on-time
- Collaborating with engineers, product managers, and designers including Melissa, Madeline, Erin, Lauren and Annie
In this role, you’ll expand your expertise by:
- Leading and designing new systems and component libraries for front-end applications
- Learning new technologies, participating in code reviews and engineering sharing with other developers
- Taking on a cross-functional role that will expose you to the ins and outs of Guild (working with our Product, Design, Client Success and Client Implementation teams)
- Receiving feedback through our learning-focused, twice annual Structured Growth Conversations
You’ll know if you’re successful by:
- Deploying high quality, well-tested code and features on a regular basis
- Helping to improve and standardize our front-end applications across Guild
- Delivering software solutions with your team that are high quality and built for scale
- Thriving in fast-paced and high-growth environment where client delivery timelines are upheld
- Making an impact with our students enabling users to take advantage of education benefits and coaching services provided through the Guild platform
You’ll join a team:
- With various backgrounds – from traditional higher education, to athletic coaches, to mental health professionals, to consultants (and more!)
- Of learners & problem-solvers dedicated to our dual mission of changing education in America while building a successful, high-growth company
- Committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
What you’ll add to Guild – as an individual and part of the broader team:
- Proven experience building new products, reusable component libraries and creative solutions for semi-customized or white-labeled UI experiences.
- Excellent communication skills that serve in partnering with clients and internal teams to deliver high quality solutions that meet the needs of our customers
- A deep understanding for prioritization and tradeoffs and coming up with elegant front-end solutions that are delightful, easy to maintain and work across multiple displays
- Meticulous focus on high quality UI experiences and you demonstrate a willingness and the flexibility to meet client timelines; perhaps you’ve worked in a consulting or a client facing role before
- Passion for higher education and our mission – Guild is pioneering a new path for education as a benefit in a complicated and regulated space – success means quickly learning the landscape and effectively adapting your expertise
- A demonstrated curiosity and interest in keeping up and experimenting with new technologies – you enjoy technical reading and want to share engineering best practices
- Experience in fast-growth, venture backed startups