This is a remote role, which can sit in any of the following 22 states: AZ, CO, CA, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NY, NJ, OR, PA, TN, TX, WA, WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above.
Guild is hiring for a Lead Software Engineer to oversee a high performing team to innovate and build software that helps students take advantage of Guild’s affordable education programs and coaching services. You will be tasked with growing and mentoring a team of creative engineers, who will build products that are intuitive, easy to use, and provide a frictionless experience for our users. Moreover, you’ll use your passion for writing clean, well-tested, and reusable code to build high quality software that will scale efficiently with our continued business growth.
You will love this role if are excited about making a difference with technology by building solutions that connect students, employers, and universities to deliver education at an affordable price, ultimately changing the landscape for how we think about delivering education products to learners across the country.
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will:
- Lead a team of engineers building high quality software products for our employers, education partners, and students – architect and design well-tested software from the ground up
- Proactively engage with the team whether gathering requirements, choosing technology, deploying a solution in production, or leading and participating in day-to-day activities via our agile sprints, daily standups, planning, and retros
- Mentor other engineers on our team – we’ll succeed, learn, and grow together, and sharing your expertise while collaboratively solving complex problems or pair programming
- Work closely with our product team to ensure that project plans, stories, and estimates are accurate and ensure that features delivered meet requirements and are delivered on-time
- Continue to build new features and maintain existing Guild software programs, often integrating multiple internal systems and third party APIs in the process
In addition to working on Product Engineering Team, in this role you will collaborate with other Guild leaders including: Jess Rusin (SVP Engineering), Elana Kopelevich (Software Engineer), Travis(Lead Software Engineer), and Matt Burdumy (Senior Product Manager).
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Experience building new products, unit and integration testing, and doing continuous integration and deployment (CircleCI, Jenkins, AWS)
- Familiarity with data structures and databases (PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, DynamoDB) and modern source control (Github)
- Passion for higher education and our mission – Guild is pioneering a new path for education as a benefit in a complicated and regulated space – success means quickly learning the landscape and effectively adapting your expertise
- A demonstrated curiosity and interest in keeping up and experimenting with new technologies – you enjoy technical reading and want to share engineering best practices
- Experience in fast-growth, venture backed startups
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.