We are now hiring an aspiring Preschool Teacher (Guide) for our Children's House classroom at our Montessori school in Jacksonville (Baymeadows), FL! We will provide Montessori teacher training and mentor support for our aspiring teachers.
In this Lead Teaching role, you will create and lead a model classroom as a part of our founding team. You, and the team you lead, will partner with your families to meet each child’s individual needs and foster a deep sense of community within your classroom. You will be provided with a full set of high-quality materials to fuel the child’s development, along with a classroom budget to make your classroom unique. Upon hire, you will receive specialized, in-house training from an expert in the Montessori approach to early childhood education.
Straight out of training? We have an amazing team of trained Montessori Mentors who will be available to lead professional development, provide feedback, and help develop your skills even further.
This is a full-time salaried position, with health, dental and vision insurance, as well as a generous tuition discount for up to two children at our school. We also provide immigration assistance and visa sponsorship to guides coming to us from other countries.
Take a tour of our existing campuses to see our classrooms:
Old Town: https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=XVLHUp9xxXC
What we offer:
- 75% tuition discount for two children at any school in our network (we serve children 3 months through 12th grade)
- 6 weeks of flexible paid time off and paid holidays
- Excellent compensation package including health, dental, and vision insurance, and a retirement 401(k) account
- Ongoing professional development and a network of supportive peers and mentors who regularly share best practices
- Career growth and promotion opportunities in our national network
We'd love to talk to you if you:
- Hold an Associates Degree or higher in Early Childhood Education or Child Development
- Have completed the DCF training
- Have received or in process of completing a Montessori Diploma/Certificate for the 3-6 age group or looking to start
- Have experience with the appropriate ages in a group setting, such as a preschool, daycare, childcare, or nursery
- Help children by giving them the tools to become independent
- Are open to guiding your colleagues, and be guided by them in turn
- Are eager to partner with parents on their child's journey
- Take pride in your work and are friendly with error
- Get energized and inspired by working with children!
Want to learn more about us?
Guidepost Montessori is a community of educators who truly believe that to meet the needs of today's students and to bring about true progress in the world around us, we need an education model that fosters independence and develops competent, capable, action-oriented thinkers and change agents. For more information about us, check out our website: https://guidepostmontessori.com/
Interested in another location or position? Check out our career page!
Apply now by completing the application below – it will only take a few minutes!
Higher Ground Education, Guidepost Montessori, and Academy of Thought and Industry are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO). We will not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under applicable federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Our leadership is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy. When requested, we are committed to reasonably accommodate employees and applicants with disabilities or special needs that may require an accommodation.