We're now looking for an experienced Assistant Director to join our team in downtown Chicago! We are growing and opening up near River North soon!
The Assistant Head of School works closely with the Head of School to ensure that the school provides a high-quality learning experience for children, exceptional customer service to parents, and a supportive, collaborative work environment for staff. The ideal Assistant Head of School will love building community, working with parents, and leading community outreach initiatives. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting the creation of a strong culture on campus that embodies the mission of our organization
- Giving tours to prospective families, and converting leads to enrolled families
- Driving the enrollment process (managing leads utilizing a CRM system)
- Planning and hosting community outreach events
- Managing general, day-to-day operations for the school: billing, supply ordering, scheduling maintenance
- Interfacing with parents to build community, answer questions, and resolve any concerns that may arise
Our school operates year round and offers care from 7:00am - 6:00pm Monday - Friday. Our leadership team requires flexibility to support the school operating hours.
What we offer:
- Ongoing professional development
- A network of supportive peers and mentors who regularly share best practices. Guidepost Montessori is the largest network of Montessori schools in the nation.
- Career growth and promotion opportunities
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- 100% tuition discount for two children at any school within our network (we serve children 3 months through 12th grade)
- The opportunity to contribute to a high-quality educational program that serves the individual needs of each child
We'd love to talk to you if you have:
- A minimum of 21 semester hours of college credit in child development, early childhood education or early childhood special education)
- An associates degree (or equivalent)
- Leadership experience
- An affinity for connecting with people
- Strong organizational skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail with a focus on results
- Facility with computer systems
- A high degree of personal initiative
We'd prefer you over other candidates if you have:
- A bachelor's degree in Early Childhood or Child Development.
- Experience as an Admissions, Administrative, Program or School Director for a preschool or daycare.
- Familiarity with the Montessori method of education or the curiosity to learn more.
- Experience working with a CRM and billing software
- Knowledge of the local community that will inform marketing effort
Guidepost Montessori is a community of educators who are driven by a deep desire to bring about widespread change in education today. To meet the needs of students and to bring about true progress in the world around us, we need an education model that fosters independence and develops competent, capable, action-oriented thinkers and change agents. To that end, we are committed to dramatically increasing the amount of high-fidelity, authentic Montessori programs, not only in the US, but around the globe!
Higher Ground Education, Guidepost Montessori, and Academy of Thought and Industry are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO). We will not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under applicable federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Our leadership is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy. When requested, we are committed to reasonably accommodate employees and applicants with disabilities or special needs that may require an accommodation.