We are hiring Assistant Guides for the INFANT, TODDLER, Children's House PROGRAMS (ages 1-3) at River North campus!
Upon hire, you will receive specialized, in-house training from an expert in the Montessori approach to early childhood education. We have an amazing team of Montessori Mentors who will be available to lead professional development, provide feedback and help develop your skills as you refine your practice.
Do you love working with young children? Join our team at Guidepost Montessori Magnificent Mile and assist in a classroom that is transforming lives.
We serve children in both English-speaking and Spanish-speaking classrooms. Currently looking to hire both native English and Spanish-speaking Assistant Guides! This is a great opportunity to learn about the Montessori method, as you will learn from experienced teachers at all levels. Previous Montessori experience is not required. We will give you the tools to learn.
About the role
Our Full-Time role comes with great benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, a 401K, a competitive rate of pay, and a generous 75% tuition discount for up to two children at our school.
Highlighting Employee Assistance Program - Support and guidance for everyday life from caring for an elderly family member to coping with anxiety or depression. Expert advice for work, life and your well being through our MetLife - Employee Assistant Program (EAP) at no additional cost to you!
We have the following campus locations:
- Evanston: 1012 Davis Street, Evanston, 60201
- Edgewater: 6001 N. Clark Street, Chicago, 60660
- Lincoln Park: 2301 N Clark Street, Chicago, 60614
- Magnificent Mile: 226 E Illinois Street, Chicago, 60611
- Old Town: 311 w Division Street, Chicago, 60610
- River North - New School - Now Hiring!
- West Loop: 1000 W Washington Blvd, West Loop, 60607
- Wicker Park: 1530 N. Damen Ave, Chicago, 60622
We encourage you to apply only to roles at your most preferred school location so that school leader can contact you first. At that point, you can share your flexibility in other locations, and we can consider you for other opportunities.
- Experience working with young children ages 0-6 in a group care environment, such as a daycare, preschool, camp, or aftercare program
- Have a valid state background check
- Negative TB test within last 12 months
- First Aid/CPR Certification
Nice to Have:
- Experience as nanny, caregiver, educator, or coach
- Warm and friendly demeanor
- Interest in working in a Montessori environment
- Passionate about connecting with parents and colleagues
What we offer:
- 12 accrued Paid Time Off days, 5 paid holidays and 5 floating holidays in your first year of employment
- Career growth and promotion opportunities with a network of supportive peers and mentors who regularly share best practices
- A competitive salary
- Health, dental, and vision insurance - eligible for insurance on the 1st of the month following 15 days of continuous employment
- 75% tuition discount for two children at any school in our network (we serve children 3 months through 12th grade)
- 401K (full/part time employees): 60 day waiting period
- Referral bonus up to $600
- The opportunity to contribute to a high-quality Montessori program that serves the individual needs of each child
Guidepost Montessori is a community of trained educators who are driven by a deep desire to bring about widespread change in education today. To meet the needs of today's students and to bring about true progress in the world around us, we need an education model that fosters independence and develops competent, capable, action-oriented thinkers and change agents. To that end, we are committed to dramatically increasing the amount of high-fidelity, authentic Montessori programs, not only in the U.S. but around the globe!
If you love children and have been looking for the right opportunity to grow, join our community by applying below!
Higher Ground Education, Guidepost Montessori, and Academy of Thought and Industry are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO). We will not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under applicable federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Our leadership is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy. When requested, we are committed to reasonably accommodate employees and applicants with disabilities or special needs that may require an accommodation.