Become an Assistant Teacher at our Guidepost Montessori school in Longmont, Colorado!
We're looking for an enthusiastic, adaptable Assistant Teachers to support as a floater for our mixed age Infants, Toddler or Children's House (kindergarten) classrooms!
This position is a full-time role from 9 am - 6 pm that pays between $16-21 an hour with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, a 401K, a competitive rate of pay, and a generous 75% tuition discount for up to two children at our school.
This role is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door, and grow your career in education! If you are looking for a new type of job or interested in becoming a teacher, many of our assistants ultimately grow to take on Lead Teacher roles over time, thanks to our accredited Montessori training program we sponsor for exceptional employees.
We are also looking for Part-Time Assistant Guides to join our team!
- Experience working with children ages 0-6 in a nursery, preschool, Reggio or RIE school
- ECT (Early Childhood Teacher) qualified
- Early Childhood Education (ECE) credits, CDA or ECT qualified
- Negative TB test taken within last 12 months (prior to start date with Guidepost)
- Ability to work well with other adults
- Growth mindset and problem-solving approach
- Familiarity with the Montessori approach to education is preferred, but not required
What we offer:
- Ongoing professional development and career growth opportunities
- A network of supportive peers and mentors who regularly share best practices
- 22 paid days off in your first year
- 401(k) and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Life, accident and disability insurance
- 75% tuition discount for two children at any school in our network
- The opportunity to contribute to a high-quality Montessori program that serves the individual needs of each child
Guidepost Montessori is a community of trained educators who are driven by a deep desire to bring about widespread change in education today. To meet the needs of today's students and to bring about true progress in the world around us, we need an education model that fosters independence and develops competent, capable, action-oriented thinkers and change agents. To that end, we are committed to dramatically increasing the amount of high-fidelity, authentic Montessori programs, not only in the U.S. but around the globe!
If you love children and have been looking for the right opportunity to grow, join our school community by applying below! #zr
Higher Ground Education, Guidepost Montessori, and Academy of Thought and Industry are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO). We will not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under applicable federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Our leadership is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy. When requested, we are committed to reasonably accommodate employees and applicants with disabilities or special needs that may require an accommodation.