Join the community that raises the child
Our singular mission at Guidepost Montessori is to guide and empower each child as they grow in their independence. At Guidepost you will engage in the meaningful work of uncovering the potential in every child and letting their true capability shine through. We take this same approach with everyone who joins our community. Guidepost Montessori is committed to providing a workplace where our employees can reach their highest potential.
As an Extended Day Teacher, you will participate in the day to day lessons with the children, helping them build more independent and confidence in their own abilities. You will be the leader for the extended-day operations/programming. This is a full-time role with the anticipated hours of 9 am to 6 pm. The pay range between $16 - $20 per hour depending on your level of experience.
We need strong leaders who are hands-on doers with the skills to rapidly solve problems, anticipate challenges, and navigate operational needs while maintaining a strong focus on parent and child experience.
If you’re excited about working in an entrepreneurial environment and being the key member of the team enabling widespread change in education, this role is for you.
Responsibilities will include:
- Building children and parent engagement with daily interactions from in-person updates, written communication to in-person events, activities, and meetings.
- Conducting tours of the school campus for current and future families.
- Partnering with the community in building awareness and enrollment.
- Being flexible when and where the school needs you. This would include maintaining our high-quality standards for health and safety for our children, parents, staff, and school campus.
- Supervising the staff, including developing a coverage schedule and adjusting as needed.
- Ensuring the success of the afternoon into evening programming.
- Participating in regular training sessions and discussions with Prepared Montessorian.
- Leading and building a high-performing team.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Possess:
- A passion for enacting change in education
- A firmly held believe that all children are capable
- Commitment to positive family engagement
- A growth mindset and creative approach to problem-solving
- A strong customer service mindset when approaching children, parents, staff, and the community
- A desire to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and writing skills
Your application will stand out if you have any of the following:
- Experience working with children from 0 to 6 years old
- Accredited Montessori training
- Previous classroom teaching experience
- A background in customer experience
Please note the following physical requirements:
- Standing for up to eight hours
- Carrying up to 50 pounds
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
- Physically moving throughout the school, including but not limited to: squatting, reaching above your shoulders and head, kneeling, crawling and sitting on the floor.
At Guidepost Montessori, we're driven by a deep desire to bring about widespread change in education today. We believe that the traditional method of education used in most schools is antiquated, outdated, and broken. To meet the needs of today's students and to bring about true progress in the world around us, we need an education model that fosters independence and develops competent, capable, action-oriented critical thinkers.
To that end, we are committed to dramatically increasing the amount of high-fidelity, authentic Montessori programs, not only in the U.S. but around the globe. Today, we have over 100 campuses, with plans to add 30 new locations each year.
Join our school community by applying below!
Higher Ground Education, Guidepost Montessori, and Academy of Thought and Industry are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO). We will not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under applicable federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Our leadership is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy. When requested, we are committed to reasonably accommodate employees and applicants with disabilities or special needs that may require an accommodation.