The work of transitioning Montessori curriculum to a virtual-learning setting requires tremendous creativity and ingenuity. Come join our team of experts developing distance Montessori curriculum for distance-learning classrooms—both for our own and other schools!
This role can be done from anywhere, and we are flexible about the work arrangement – you can join either part-time or full-time.
In this role, you will channel your creative energies to helping us build out the full Montessori Elementary Curriculum in our virtual learning platform. This does not mean literally translating each lesson into a video or text format. It means thinking creatively about what tools and opportunities are unlocked by the virtual world to bring lessons, materials, and follow-up activities to life in entirely new ways. You must be eager to engage in innovative thinking about how to achieve the same learning and developmental outcomes, consistent with Montessori principles, without relying on students having access to the standard set of physical materials.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Designing Montessori lessons, follow-up activities, and new learning materials for elementary-aged students
- Quickly gaining fluency with the Altitude Learning Platform, a powerful platform that houses our curriculum, and enables quick and easy video-conference scheduling, individual and small-group lesson planning, assessment, competency-based progress tracking, student-created work journals, work exchange between guide and student, portfolio building, parent communication, etc.
- Training Montessori guides on how to use the Altitude Learning Platform and the materials you’ve developed
- Quickly integrating feedback from Montessori experts and educators who are using the materials you’ve designed
What We Offer
- A collaborative, creative team of Montessori educators and mentors who will support you every step of the way!
- Career growth and promotion opportunities
- Competitive pay
- Generous tuition discount for two children at any program within our network (we serve children 3 months through 12th grade)
- The opportunity to contribute to an innovative, high-quality Montessori distance-learning program that serves the individual needs of each child
- AMI Montessori Elementary Certification
- 5+ years experience leading an Elementary Montessori classroom
- 3+ years experience designing and/or developing curriculum for elementary-aged students (we will ask for samples in the interview process)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency with video creation and editing software
- The ability to produce curriculum content at a rapid pace
- Highly tech-savvy
- An adaptive, problem-solving mindset
- Highly preferred: Experience delivering a Montessori program in unusual circumstances that required a high-degree of creativity and resourcefulness
If this sounds like you, apply below!