We're looking for enthusiastic, flexible educators who have a Montessori spirit and want to build strong meaningful relationships with the children and families. Our In-Home Educator never goes it alone! You can enjoy on-going professional development, a network of schools and peers, and all benefits of a full time position. Previous Montessori training and experience is not required! This is a unique opportunity that will allow you to work with children from 0-6 years old in the comfort of their home, while simultaneously growing your skills and learning about Montessori education.
To start your Montessori training, we are holding a sponsored week-long professional development course that will give you an understanding of how to implement a Montessori environment at home! We are excited to offer our virtual training courses twice a month. After the completion of this course, we introduce you to families in your area that are looking for care.
About the role:
This Private Nanny position is an hourly, part-time role based in a family's home. Each situation is different, but this family located in Portland is seeking care for their two toddlers who are between 15 months to 24 months old. They are looking for someone who is available 3 full days during the week on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. In this setting, you will receive the full support of our Family Framework and will be given the necessary resources and tools to carry out a fully developed learning curriculum in a home setting. Being a part of a larger network of schools also means that you have the opportunity to work at one of our nearby campuses, where you will help to provide quality childcare in one of our classrooms. The hourly base pay rate for this position ranges from $15.50 to $17.50 an hour.
What we offer:
- Ongoing professional development and support
- A network of supportive peers and mentors who regularly share best practices
- Full access to our Montessori Family Framework resource database
- The opportunity to contribute to a high-quality Montessori program
- Flexible options for full-time, part-time, temporary or long term assignments
- Paid Time Off, 401K account, and health, vision, and dental benefits for full-time employees
We would love to talk to you if you:
- Have experience in Early Childhood Education
- Have previous Montessori training, or desire to become Montessori trained
- Up to date CPR/First Aid and vaccinations
- Have nanny or classroom experience with children ages 2-6 years old
- Are passionate about giving children the tools to be independent
- Take pride in your work
- Are passionate about partnering with parents
Guidepost Montessori is a community of trained educators who are driven by a deep desire to bring about widespread change in education today. To meet the needs of today's students and to bring about true progress in the world around us, we need an education model that fosters independence and develops competent, capable, action-oriented thinkers and change agents. To that end, we are committed to making Montessori accessible to families at school or at home! Our Family Framework brings the power of Montessori into the home and supports our In-Home Caregivers and parents to create early childhood environments and routines.
If you love children and have been looking for the right opportunity to grow, join our community by applying below!