Guideline is looking for a highly skilled and user-centered design leader with a proven track record to lead our growing UX design team. This role will report to the VP of Product.
What you will be working on?
This key individual will be part of the Guideline leadership team and will drive the direction of product design, design strategy, user experience, and user research. This is a player / coach role where you will be able to build and mentor our growing design team while working on key product design initiatives. Guideline prides itself on being a user-centered company and wants to find talent to take it to the next level. Key responsibilities include:
- Lead, recruit, coach, and mentor a team of world-class product designers and user researchers.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering, and stakeholders across the organization to build products that supports users’ needs, and delivers on brand and business goals.
- Orchestrate and help deliver superior, superbly crafted product experiences at scale.
- Set and achieve world-class UX design standards and associated business results.
- Conduct regular design reviews, enabling quality and consistency through collaboration
- Participate in all stages of the product design and development lifecycle, including user research, ideation and definition, prototyping, and user testing.
- Collaborate with members of cross-functional teams and be a champion for user-centered culture and design practices.
- Maintain an understanding of digital trends and practices with the goal of establishing a strong design culture.
Currently, there are two product designers and this is our first time looking for a Director of Product Design to join the leadership team. Great opportunity to take what has already been built and scale it to the next level.
- 7+ (with 3+ years of lead-level) user-centric design experience
- Prior experience with fintech or regtech is a plus
- Experience building in-browser apps built with React, along with native mobile (iOS, Android).
- Experience establishing, leading and inspiring highly-talented and productive user experience teams.
- Executive presence with a smooth and dynamic presentation style.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver designs that achieve business results.
- Passion and experience working with cross-functional, engineering, and product management teams.
- Extensive experience (with thorough examples) in interface design, research, and product development utilizing effective UX design processes and methods.
What is Guideline?
At Guideline, we’re helping people save for a better future. Guideline is the only 401(k) provider that doesn’t charge participants any fees on investments, regardless of the value of their assets or retirement account balance. And for employers, Guideline charges a low, flat rate fee per participant, in contrast to the asset-based fee model predominant in the industry.
With over 9,000 clients and billions of dollars in assets under management, in just a couple of years of operations, we’re well on our way to making smart retirement planning easy for everyone.
We have raised $59M to date with top-tier investors.
- Flexible Vacation Policy
- 401(k) Matching
- 100% coverage of Health / Vision / Dental
- Generous parental leave policy
- Daily lunch
- Commuter benefit
Guideline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.