Guideline is looking for a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer to join the Engineering team.
Our first commercial product is Guideline 401(k) one-stop shop SaaS platform. Now we are ready to expand the functionality of the existing 401(k) offering as well as invest in new products.
For us, data management and integrity are key. We solve hard math and statistical problems. It is an intriguing and complex domain.
What will you be working on?
Increase the functional depth of the existing product and building new products will consume a good part of your typical day.
You will find our setup well thought through, pragmatic, efficient, maintainable, testable codebase. A simple baseline toolset enables business-focused architecture decisions.
Our Ruby stack delivers the APIs for web and mobile applications, manages all background processing, provides record keeping for all financial assets, facilitates compliance and other core business logic, interfaces with external clients, and supports internal tooling.
We use MySQL and BigQuery for persistence. You will encounter Sidekiq, Redis, Service Objects for RoR, Capybara and Minitest frameworks.
Our web applications are React-based. Redux and Babel are the only additional frameworks worth mentioning. We like it simple and clean.
Our software stack runs atop GCP, managed by GKE and leveraging modern platform engineering tools and practices.
Engineering is a fast growing team – more than doubling in size this year – in charge of building and supporting a product for our rapidly expanding customer base. We are distributed across the three US locations: San Mateo, CA / Austin, TX / Portland, ME.
We value strong work ethics and passionate technologists. We’ve accomplished a lot in just a few short years, but Guideline is just getting started. We are thrilled to build a modern technology solution to the outdated world of retirement finance.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience building commercial software products
- 4+ years of experience with Ruby, Python, Java, or a similar language
- 2+ years of experience with the modern front-end web technologies, such as React or Angular
- Expert level knowledge of HTML, CSS and JS
- Fundamental RDBMS knowledge, incl. performance and scaling
- Understanding of application security lifecycle and security best practices
- Being interested and able to understand what we are aiming to achieve from the business perspective and why.
- BCS or equivalent experience
Desirable, but not required qualifications
- Experience designing and supporting API’s for mobile applications.
- Understanding of the modern software operational environments, including GCP/AWS, Kubernetes, Docker
- Knowledge of distributed systems
- Background in financial systems, preferably at a new generation fin-tech company.
Feel overqualified? We are hiring aggressively on all levels. Come talk to us. We will find you a role commensurable with your aspirations and experience.
What is Guideline?
At Guideline, we’re helping people save for a better future. Guideline is the only 401(k) provider that doesn’t charge participants any fees on investments, regardless of the value of their assets or retirement account balance. And for employers, Guideline charges a low, flat rate fee per participant, in contrast to the asset-based fee model predominant in the industry.
With over 7,000 clients and hundreds of millions of dollars in assets under management, in just a couple of years of operations, we’re well on our way to making smart retirement planning easy for everyone.
We have raised $59M to date with top-tier investors.
- Flexible Vacation Policy
- 401(k) Matching
- 100% coverage of Health / Vision / Dental
- Generous parental leave policy
- Daily lunch
- Commuter benefit
Guideline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.