Guerrilla is looking for a Lead Tools Programmer to lead the team that develops the Decima Engine's Editor. This role requires a proven track record crafting tools for artists, a keen eye for user experience, and experience leading a team.
WHO WE ARE
The Tools Team
At Guerrilla, our Tools Team is responsible for the development and maintenance of the proprietary Decima Engine’s Editor.
The Decima Editor is used in-house and externally by over a hundred artists and designers to develop extraordinary open-world games. It's a comprehensive native desktop application encompassing a 3D and 2D world editor, asset browser, node-based editors, sequencer, review tools, localization, and sound design pipelines. Discover more about the Decima Editor.
Our team is proud of creating an innovative, powerful toolset and of supporting other teams of developers, artists, and designers to achieve their vision.
What you will do
- Lead, coordinate and mentor the Engineers and Tools Designers on the Tools team
- Drive the vision of DecimaEd, the primary tool used to author, debug, and optimize content used by the Decima Engine
- Streamline the game-creation process, seeking guidance from all teams while maintaining a strategic overview
- Drive the development of new tools and improve existing ones, keeping a strong focus on the underlying workflow process and a consistent user experience
Who You Are
To qualify for this position, we expect you to have/be:
- Have 5+ years of DCC/GUI tools development experience
- Are growth-minded and motivated towards teaching, enabling and coaching other Engineers and Tools Designers
- Have excellent organizational and time management skills, and the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Are an experienced C++ programmer with excellent software design and architecture skills
- Are comfortable working within a very large existing codebase and toolset
If you think you’re up for the challenge, you can apply by hitting the “apply now” button. Be sure to submit:
- Cover Letter
If you have existing materials:
- C++ code sample that showcases your programming skills. Please include an overview.
- Demo material presenting your tools (video or screenshots and a short overview).
Please note: This position is based in our studio in the heart of Amsterdam. Guerrilla offers relocation and immigration support.