Guerrilla is looking for an experienced and passionate Lead Combat Designer to oversee the design and development of accessible, cooperative and replayable multiplayer combat experiences.
As a successful candidate, you will work closely with combat designers, animators, gameplay programmers and multi-disciplinary teams to create playable characters and a variety of enemies (Machines & Humanoids) that focus on exciting combat with cooperative elements.
What you will do
As a Lead Combat Designer (Online Project) at Guerrilla, you will:
- Champion the project combat pillars together with the Game Director and Lead Game Designer
- Work closely with Combat Designers to oversee development of multiple playable characters, their combat abilities, variety of enemies (machines and humanoid), and a variety of combat systems
- Provide guidance and mentorship for junior to senior level Combat Designers
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams to implementation combat feature from concept to release at highest possible quality in timely manner
- Collaborate with the analytics and player research teams to analyze player’s behaviors and metrics to continuously improve the game and evaluate combat features
Who you are
- You have gained experience as a Combat Designer on multiple titles for at least 5 years, with at least 3 years experience in leading and mentoring a team
- During your career, you have shipped at least one AAA game where you were heavily involved in Combat Design, preferably for an online multiplayer action game
- You have a passion for, and deep understanding of, third-person combat mechanics and have thoroughly played a wide variety of different titles
- You have excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- You have technical understanding of visual scripting languages, animation state machine, and challenges of state replication
- You are comfortable with providing and receiving constructive criticism
- You are self-motivated and take initiative
Please note: Unless stated otherwise, our vacancies are based on-site, in our studio in Amsterdam. For qualified candidates, we offer visa, permit, relocation and immigration support. Depending on the role, we do offer hybrid work models allowing our employees to work from home one or more days per week.
If you think you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you! You can apply by hitting the “apply now” button. Be sure to submit your CV and a Cover/Motivation Letter that speaks to your reasons for applying at Guerrilla.