Guerrilla, the Amsterdam-based creator of the celebrated Horizon series, is dedicated to pushing the boundaries of gaming. We are looking for a skilled Gameplay Animation Manager to join our team and help us continue to innovate in the industry. If you are passionate about creating immersive and engaging experiences through gameplay animation, we want to hear from you. Join us in our mission to constantly push the limits of what is possible in gaming.
What You Will Do
As the Gameplay Animation Manager at Guerrilla, you will be responsible for providing leadership and support to the gameplay animation department leads and collaborating with the production team. Reporting to the Studio Animation Supervisor, you and the Gameplay Animation Director will establish the direction and future trajectory of the gameplay animation team.
- Collaborate with the Gameplay Animation Director and other core team members to develop overall vision and to determine technical and production feasibility
- Work closely with the animation tech team to assess existing tools and on occasion help designing custom ones to further improve new or existing animation pipelines
- Review design specs and identify as well as analyze risks for production
- Assist Production in the creation of the Gameplay Animation schedule and resource plans
- Train team members on tools and techniques, Raise awareness of new processes.
- Resolve complex escalated issues
- Anticipate artistic and technological advancements in and stay up to date on market trends to define Guerrilla Games best practices.
- Participate in recruitment to further develop the Gameplay animation team. Foster their professional development.
- Work closely and collaborate with Production, Design, AI, Art direction, Animation Tech and other departments to realize the vision of the team. Informatively and constructively explain the root causes of risks, blockers and all other related challenges
- Able to lend a hand creating compelling, entertaining and visually appealing gameplay animations for the player character and/or NPC’s
- Experience creating stylized hand keyed or motion captured animations that have a very strong foundation in realism
Who you are
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Have 3+ years of experience as Lead Animator, ideally in a studio from which creative vision and direction was set, owned and driven.
- Are experienced all stages of AAA development from concept to release as an Animation Lead
- Demonstrate excellent command of realistic keyframe animations of the human bipedal figure
- Are very comfortable with body mechanics coupled with a strong understanding of weight distribution and pacing/timing
- Possess strong knowledge of traditional animation principles and how to integrate them to enhance appeal and gameplay
- Can collaborate effectively with the Gameplay Animation Director to ensure that the animations meets expectations of quality, consistency and style
- Have good knowledge and experience with setting up animation networks and blend trees
- Have developed solid understanding of additive, partial and layered animation systems through your past positions
- Are familiar with bug tracking software and version management systems
- Have clear and correct communication skills, strong problem solving skills, and a willingness to support the team, directors and production where needed
- Are growth minded and motivated towards teaching, enabling, and coaching other animators
- Possess working knowledge of current animation techniques and Maya (MotionBuilder experience is a plus)
Please note: Unless stated otherwise, our vacancies are based on-site, in our studio in Amsterdam. For qualified candidates, we offer visa, permit, relocation and immigration support. Depending on the role, we do offer hybrid work models allowing our employees to work from home one or more days per week.
If you think you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you! You can apply by hitting the “apply now” button. Be sure to submit your CV and a Cover/Motivation Letter that speaks to your reasons for applying at Guerrilla.