Guerrilla’s UI/UX team enhances core game mechanics by creating unique and elegant ways to connect players with the information they need, in the best way possible and at the right time. All of the menus, HUD and other visual elements that the player interacts with in our games are created by this team, in close collaboration with other disciplines.
If you’re a UI Programmer with a passion for games, this is your opportunity to join an internal team tackling complex challenges. Come help us improve our AAA game UIs and further develop our Decima Engine Tool!
What you will do
As a member of Guerrilla’s UI team you will:
- Partner with Programmers and Designers to:
- Implement and polish the user interface for Guerrilla’s new titles
- Generate and execute ideas on how improve our current UI toolset
- Implement new features for the game which are expressed in the user interface.
- Improve the abilities and add new features to build UIs in our Decima Engine
- Write clear, maintainable, and scalable C++ code
Who you are
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Have 2 years previous experience as a programmer in the games industry or a related industry
- Have a solid understanding of programming in C++
- Are passionate about UI Design
- Love games and developing games
- Know how to optimize code for performance, size and clarity
- Have a good understanding of modern game UI (like in Unity or Unreal)
- Are comfortable working within a very large existing codebase and toolset
- You have experience in areas like animation, shader programming, visual scripting and UI asset pipelines
- You have knowledge of 3D and graphics-related algorithms
If you are up for the challenge, you can apply by hitting the “apply now” button.
When submitting an application, it would be great if you could provide us with the following supporting information:
- C++ code examples showing structured programming. (Candidates that cannot show code samples can indicate this and we can discuss alternatives.)
- Preferably a demo showing off work relevant for the job.
Please note: This position is based in our studio in the heart of Amsterdam. Guerrilla offers relocation and immigration support.