Who We Are
The Technical Animation group at Guerrilla consists of teams that take care of character rigging, animation pipeline development, animation state machines as well as our internal motion capture stage. Collectively they are the backbone of Guerrilla’s gameplay animation and cinematic achievements. Through constant collaboration with the various animation, and engineering departments the TechAnim group makes sure the studio’s animation ambitions, for both quality as well as quantity are realized.
What You Will Do
As the Technical Animation Manager you will support the team Leads across our Technical Animation teams and collaborate with the Technical Animation Director to make sure the teams are following the long and short term vision for Animation Tech at Guerrilla. Together with the Production team you will make sure that all the studio projects get the required animation tech time and resources allocated. You will also work with our Recruitment team to help fill any open positions with the best talent available.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Collaborate with the Technical Animation Director and other core team members to implement the overall vision & determine technical as well as production feasibility
- Work closely with programmers to assess existing tools. Occasionally help designing custom ones to further improve new or existing pipelines
- Review feature design specs and identify as well as analyze risks for production
- Assist Production in the creation of the Tech Animation schedule and resource plans
- Train team members on tools and techniques, Raise awareness of new processes.
- Resolve complex escalated issues
- Anticipate technological advancements and stay up to date on market trends to define Guerrilla best practices.
- Work with the Tech Animation leads to help develop their management skills
- Participate in recruitment to further develop the animation tech team. Foster their professional development.
- Support teams outside of AnimTech like production, animation, design, asset creation with their technical needs. Informatively and constructively explain the root causes of risks, blockers and all other related challenges
Who you are
- 7+ years working as a Tech Artist in the games industry, with at least two shipped AAA projects in your portfolio and 3+ years of leadership
- In-depth knowledge of game engines, 3D software (Maya, and MotionBuilder), good understanding of scripting languages (C#, Python) and animation related workflows like rigging, skinning, state machines. Mocap and Machine Learning would be nice to have
- Demonstrable experience in content wrangling, workflow streamlining and pipeline management for large and complex projects
- Experience developing tools for animation related systems on previous projects
- Solid understanding of animation pipelines and real-time 3D technology
- Good familiarity with bug tracking software and version management systems
- Ownership over your work and are intrinsically motivated to deliver quality results
- Enjoy collaborating with others and creating cross-department solutions
If you think you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you! You can apply by hitting the “apply now” button. Be sure to submit your CV and a Cover/Motivation Letter; we like learning a bit about your background and your reasons for applying at Guerrilla!
Please note: This position is based in our studio in the heart of Amsterdam. Guerrilla offers relocation and immigration support.