Guerrilla, the Amsterdam-based developer of the PS4 exclusive hit Horizon Zero Dawn, is looking for a UI Tech Programmer to join its internal UI Team and contribute to developing AAA game UIs.
You will work together within a small multidisciplinary team of artists, designer and coders. In collaboration with other teams, ranging from game designers to graphics coders. You will help realize a visually rich and dynamic UI for the different aspects of the game.
What you will do
As a member of the UI Team;
- You will help finish the UI of Horizon Forbidden West and make sure it’s on par with AAA quality standards;
- You will work together with the Core Design Team to implement the user interface of an epic open world game;
- You will work with experienced Coders, UX Designers and UI Artists to build consistent, pixel-perfect HD and UHD user interfaces that are localized in over 21 languages (including right-to-left languages);
- You will improve and maintain our existing user interface features;
- You will implement and optimize the widgets used to realize the user interface;
- You will work together with System Programmers who are continually improving and implementing new UI features for the Decima engine.
Who you are
- You have at least 3 years of previous experience as a programmer in the games industry or a related industry;
- You are experienced in C++ or another object-oriented language and have excellent knowledge of object-oriented programming;
- You have experience working with Unity, Unreal or a similar commercial game engine;
- You are proficient in using 2D digital content tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator or After Effects;
- You are familiar with common user interface design patterns like MVC and have excellent knowledge of coding algorithms, data structures and know how and when to apply them;
- You can optimize code for performance, size, scalability and clarity;
- You have attention for pixel-perfect user interfaces and care about the smallest of details;
- You understand the importance of good UX design and how it will affect the level of engagement our players have with the game;
- You always keep accessibility in mind to ensure an enjoyable experience for as many players as possible;
- You enjoy working in an innovative, highly dynamic game development environment with people from various disciplines;
- You are ambitious, and even though you value tried-and-tested methods, you don’t shy away from trying something radical or new every now and then.
- You have a helpful, solution-oriented attitude;
- You have experience in areas like animation, shader programming, scripting, UX design, and UI asset pipelines.
If you are up for the challenge, hit the “apply now” button to submit your application to us.
Be sure to submit your CV and a code sample that shows your best and most recent work. We would love to see C++ code examples showing structured programming and a demo presenting relevant work to the position.
For more information, please contact Riem Halawani (Talent Acquisition Business Partner) through firstname.lastname@example.org.