For you the world is a character in itself.
Our Living World Team
The Living World Team is a multi-disciplinary group of designers, programmers, animators and artists that work tightly together to bring our villages, cities, cultures and civilization to life. The team collaborates with our writers, tech & tool developers, game direction and art direction to push the liveliness of our world to new heights.
As a Principal Animator, you breathe life into our worlds. For you, animation is not just about the key-frames and poses of the hero characters. Your canvas is bigger; you work on the scale of streets, cities… entire worlds. For you the world is a character in itself.
What you will do
As a Principal Animator, your tasks and responsibilities are:
- Review internally as well as externally produced content;
- Mentor and inspire the other animators on the team;
- Coordinate and run mo-cap sessions;
- Write briefs for and give feedback to external vendors;
- Propose novel approaches for improving the quality of our living world animations;
- Push the envelope for free moving crowd animations;
- Work closely with Design, AI, Art Direction, Anim Tech and other departments to realize our vision.
Who you are
We’d love to hear from you if fit the following:
- You are an experienced animator at a large games studio working on AAA productions;
- As an animator, you have hands-on experience working on at least one shipped game that features a big crowd element;
- You have a strong fundamental knowledge of AI-driven NPC animation and understand what the unique requirements are;
- You have a lot of experience with complex animation networks;
- You have experience with outsourcing animation and know how to get good results from vendors;
- You are keenly aware of the state-of-the-art developments within the game industry and you want to do even better.
If you think you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you! You can apply by hitting the “apply now” button. Be sure to submit your CV, Cover Letter and Showreel where you showcase your best and most recent work. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Riem Halawani (Talent Acquisition Business Partner) through firstname.lastname@example.org).