Guerrilla, developers of Horizon Zero Dawn, are looking for a Senior Programmer to join the Game Code team.
WHAT WILL YOU DO
- You will work together with the animation, core and combat design teams to implement the systemic and gameplay features of an epic open world game;
- You will technically design, implement and optimize a wide range of in-game features such as ranged and melee weapons, combat and traversal mechanics, player skills, damage and hit responses, camera, inventory and economy systems;
- You will implement new functionality for, and improve the Decima engine;
- You will work together with an experienced team of programmers.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have at least 5 years of previous experience as a programmer in the games industry;
- You are fluent in C++ and other applicable programming languages;
- You have experience with multi-threaded programming;
- You’re passionate about games and creating games;
- You enjoy working in an innovative, highly dynamic game development environment with people from various disciplines;
- You have a helpful, solution-oriented attitude.
- You're very ambitious, and even though you like tried-and-tested methods, you're not afraid to try something radical or new every now and then;
- You are comfortable working within a very large existing codebase and toolset;
- You can optimize code for performance, size, scalability and clarity;
- You have good understanding of 3D math.
- You have experience in areas like animation, physics, scripting, multiplayer and UI.
If you are up for the challenge, you can apply by hitting the “apply now” button. For more information, please contact Riem Halawani (Talent Acquisition Business Partner) through firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to submit your CV, and code sample(s) where you showcase your best and most recent work. We would love to see C++ code examples showing structured programming and a demo presenting relevant work to the position.