Guerrilla is looking for a Senior Tools Programmer to help develop the Decima Engine's Editor. This role requires a proven track of record creating tools for artists and a keen eye for user experience.
Who we are
At Guerrilla, the Tools Team is responsible for the development and maintenance of the proprietary Decima Engine’s Editor.
The Decima Editor is used in-house and externally by over a hundred artists and designers to develop world-class open world games. It's a comprehensive native desktop application encompassing a 3D and 2D world editor, asset browser, node based editors, sequencer, review tools, localization and sound design pipelines. You can discover more about the Decima Editor here.
The Tools Team is proud of creating an innovative, powerful toolset and of supporting other teams of developers, artists and designers to achieve their vision.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
In this role, you can expect to:
- Work in a team of software engineers and interact closely with artists and designers
- Collaborate to analyse workflows, identify areas for improvement, establish requirements, design and implement solutions
- Contribute to the vision for content-authoring tools within a large, dynamic games studio
Who you are
To qualify for this position, we expect you to have/be:
- 4+ years of experience writing tools for artists
- Proficient with C++ and very large codebases
- Skilled in algorithms, software design and architecture
- Skilled in tools design, workflows and usability
- Familiar with different DCC packages, game engines and their toolsets
- Understanding of game development pipeline and production cycle
- Good communication and technical writing skills
Please note: This position is based in our studio in the heart of Amsterdam. Guerrilla offers relocation and immigration support.
If you think you’re up for the challenge, you can apply by hitting the “apply now” button. Be sure to submit your CV, a cover/motivation letter, and links to:
- A C++ code sample that showcases your programming skills. Please include an overview
- Demo material presenting your tools (video or screenshots and a short overview)