Guerrilla, the Amsterdam-based developer of the PS4 Exclusive hit Horizon Zero Dawn, is looking for a UI Developer to join its internal UI Team and contribute to developing AAA game UIs.
What will you do
- As a member of the UI Team, you will work together with the Core Design Team to implement the user interface of an epic open world game;
- You will work with experienced programmers, Designers and Artists to build consistent, pixel-perfect HD and UHD user interfaces that are localized in over 21 languages (including right-to-left languages);
- You will improve and maintain our existing user interface features;
- You will implement and optimize the widgets used to realize the user interface;
- You will work together with programmers who are continually improving and implementing new UI features for the Decima engine.
Who you are
- You’re passionate about games and creating games;
- You have at least 3 years previous experience as a Developer/Programmer in the games industry or a related industry;
- You have experience in C++ or other object-oriented programming languages;
- You understand the importance of good UX design and how it will affect the level of engagement our players have with the game;
- You are familiar with common user interface design patterns like MVC, command pattern and
- You’re skilled in 2D digital content tools such as Photoshop;
- You have an acute eye for pixel-perfect user interfaces and care deeply about the smallest of details;
- You have experience in areas like animation, shader programming, scripting, UX design, and UI asset pipelines;
- You have experience shipping network-enabled code and online games.
You must be able to prove how good you really are. When submitting an application, we expect you to provide us with the following:
- CV and cover letter;
- C++ code examples showing structured programming;
- Preferably a demo showing off work relevant for the job.