Guerrilla, the Amsterdam-based developer of the PS4 Exclusive hit Horizon Zero Dawn, is looking for a Senior UI Tech Programmer to join its internal UI Team and contribute to developing our Decima Engine Tool and enhancing our AAA game UIs.
What will you do
- As a member of the UI Team, you will work together with Game and UI Programmers and Designers to constantly improve the abilities and add new features to create UI’s in our Decima Engine;
- You will maintain and extend the current UI framework and optimize its performance;
- You will write clear, maintainable, and scalable C++ code;
- You will pro-actively listen to programmers and designers and come up with new ideas to improve our current UI toolset;
- You will implement and optimize the widgets used to realize the user interface.
Who you are
- You’re passionate about games and creating games;
- You have at least 5 years previous experience as a programmer in the games industry or a related industry;
- You are an experienced C++ programmer with excellent software design skills;
- You can optimize code for performance, size, scalability and clarity;
- You are comfortable working within a very large existing codebase and toolset;
- You have a good understanding of modern game UI or animation creation tools (like Unity, Unreal UMG or Adobe After Effects);
- You have a creative and technical vision for tools development, and a passion for quality tools.
- You have experience in areas like animation, shader programming, visual scripting and UI asset pipelines;
- You have knowledge of 3D and graphics-related algorithms.
You must be able to prove how good you really are. When submitting an application, we expect you to provide us with the following:
- CV and cover letter;
- C++ code examples showing structured programming;
- Preferably a demo showing off work relevant for the job.