Create stories and dialogue with dramatic conflict and subtext
Our writing team
Our writers are driven to push the boundaries of dramatic storytelling in open-world games. We want players to feel hooked by our quests and characters, to enjoy dialogue that crackles, and to savor our stories long after they put down the controller. To accomplish these goals, we collaborate closely with designers, artists, animators, actors and technicians throughout the studio, and beyond.
What you will do
As a Senior Writer, your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Pitch compelling ideas for game quests, factions and backstories;
- Write quest dialogue, ambient dialogue, story outlines and faction documents;
- Develop narrative designs for quests, gameplay activities and game features;
- Support teams in our studio with their narrative needs while advocating for the game’s emotional arc;
- Mentor junior writers and help them level up.
Who you are
We’d love to hear from you when you:
- Have 4+ years of experience as a game writer at a AAA studio, having shipped at least one AAA game title;
- Have a background and/or had training in dramatic writing and story structure;
- Possess extensive knowledge of stories and narrative design in open-world RPG games;
- Are proficient with prompt revisions based on rapidly evolving feedback;
- Can share 3 writing samples (10 pages or less) demonstrating a clear understanding of dramatic conflict and skill with dialogue.
If you think you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you! You can apply by hitting the “apply now” button.
Be sure to submit your CV, cover letter and at least 3 writing samples (10 pages or less each).
In your cover letter, please include your reason for applying at Guerrilla, your background and how you became a writer, and briefly describe the proven methods you rely on to write great stories.
For your samples, be sure to add at least one example of game writing. Links to short videos of published work can substitute for written samples.