Guerrilla, developers of Horizon Zero Dawn, are looking for a Senior Programmer to join the Game Code team.
What will you do
- You will work together with the core design team to design and implement the systemic and gameplay features of an epic open world game;
- You will improve and expand our living world, quest and encounter systems;
- You will implement and optimize weapon and camera systems, combat and traversal mechanics, player skills, inventory management, and many other in-game features;
- You will build tools and editors to allow designers work effectively with the systems you build;
- You will work together with an experienced team of programmers to implement new features and improve the Decima engine.
Who you are
- You have at least 5 years of previous experience as a programmer in the games industry;
- You are fluent in C++ and other applicable programming languages;
- You have experience with multithreaded programming;
- You are comfortable working within a very large existing codebase and toolset;
- You can optimize code for performance, size, scalability and clarity;
- You have a good understanding of 3D math.
- You have a helpful, solution-oriented attitude;
- You have experience in areas like animation, physics, scripting and UI.
You must be able to prove how good you really are. When submitting an application, we expect you to provide us with the following:
- C++ code examples showing structured programming;
- Preferably a demo showing off work relevant for the job.