We are looking for an Accounting Associate to join our Finance team in Leuven. In this role you will support the financial department by managing daily accounting tasks.
The ideal candidate will be well-versed in accounting principles and able to work comfortably with numbers and attention to detail. The goal is to contribute to the overall efficient operation of the department and help the company be fully aware of its financial condition.
Your duties will include amongst others:
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
- Update accounts receivable and issue invoices
- Update accounts payable and perform reconciliations
- Assist with reviewing of expenses, payroll records etc. as assigned
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Assist the team in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings
- Assist with other accounting projects such as:
- Managing vendor registrations and client platforms;
- Data input and maintenance in NetSuite: Sales Orders, Suppliers, Customers, ...
- Bachelor in a relevant field (Finance, Accountancy) or assimilated by experience;
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role;
- Good understanding of accounting (BE GAAP) and financial reporting principles and practices
- Excellent knowledge of English (spoken & written); knowledge of other languages is a plus;
- Excellent organizing abilities;
- Great attention to detail;
- Good with numbers and figures and an analytical acumen;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and familiarity with relevant computer software; Experience with NetSuite is a plus.
What we offer
- Full-time job with a market competitive salary package.
- An inspiring work environment with smart colleagues in the beautiful city of Leuven.
- Growing opportunities.
Guardsquare is the leader in mobile application protection. More than 700 customers worldwide, across all major industries, rely on Guardsquare to secure their mobile applications against reverse engineering and hacking. Built on the open source ProGuard technology, Guardsquare software integrates transparently in the development process and adds multiple layers of protection to Android (DexGuard) and iOS (iXGuard) applications, hardening them against both on-device and off-device attacks. With the addition of ThreatCast, Guardsquare’s mobile application security console, the organization offers the most complete mobile security solution on the market today. Guardsquare is based in Leuven, Belgium with offices in Boston, MA, USA, Ottawa, Canada and Munich, Germany.