We are looking for a software engineer who is passionate about programming. You're not afraid to dig deep into new problems and perform hands-on research. You will be supported by our team of passionate engineers from the iXGuard team, who have expertise in compilers, code analysis, and software engineering, among others.
If you are a computer scientist who likes to continuously learn, gets excited about the thought of working on compilers, reasoning about code execution, reverse engineering, and writing clean code, Guardsquare might be the place for you!
As part of the team, your main responsibilities will revolve around iXGuard, which is our LLVM-based software protection product that focuses on hardening iOS applications against both static analysis and dynamic tampering. Together with the team, you will come up with new ideas for our next code hardening layer to counter reverse engineering techniques and runtime hooking. You will be working on a variety of topics, such as: code transformations, code injection, instrumentation, cheat protection, static/dynamic analysis, and so on.
Your day-to-day tasks will include the following:
- Maintain and improve our existing code base.
- Research, test and implement additional code hardening techniques.
- Support customers in the usage of our software.
- Continuously improve the code quality through extensive testing.
- Stay up-to-date with reverse engineering practices.
What you will find below is a list of requirements for the “ideal” candidate. Nevertheless, don’t be afraid to consider this opportunity if low-level related topics sound truly exciting & interesting to you. We are well aware that compiler engineers don’t grow on trees.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or relevant equivalent experience
- Excellent modern C++ skills.
- Previous experience working with complex code bases.
- Experience or familiarity with compiler concepts.
- Interest in low level programming and debugging practices that come with it.
- General interest in software security
- Prior/proven experience with LLVM
- Good understanding or familiarity with mobile app security
- Prior experience with reverse engineering practices
What Guardsquare offers you
- A full time job with a competitive salary package
- You are provided with the tools & flexibility to develop yourself successfully
- An international environment where you will interact with motivated & open colleagues with different backgrounds
- A workplace where you can share and implement your ideas
- A hybrid work policy, which helps guarantee an excellent work-life balance
At Guardsquare, we take pride in being a diverse and multicultural company with team members representing numerous nationalities. We value different perspectives and opinions throughout the business which has contributed to our being the market leader in mobile application security.
You will be part of a dynamic team that strives for excellence and focuses on continuous education and enhancement in skills. We encourage & empower our trusted colleagues to share their opinions, actively collaborate, and continue to learn and grow.
So, what are you waiting for? Join us!
You can apply for this opportunity by filling out the application form below!
Guardsquare offers the most complete approach to mobile application security on the market. Built on the open source ProGuard technology, Guardsquare’s software integrates seamlessly across the development cycle. From app security testing to code hardening to real-time visibility into the threat landscape, Guardsquare solutions provide enhanced mobile application security from early in the development process through publication.
More than 900 customers worldwide across all major industries rely on Guardsquare to help them identify security risks and protect their mobile applications against reverse engineering and tampering.
Guardsquare is based in Leuven (Belgium) with offices in Boston (USA) and Munich (Germany).