A bit about us
GroundTruth is the leading location-based marketing and advertising technology company. Sitting at the convergence of offline and online data, GroundTruth delivers a unique data set called “visitation data,” which allows brands, agencies, SMBs, and non-profits to drive high-performing business outcomes (ROI). GroundTruth activates this data through a suite of performance products and services via their self-serve advertising platform, through managed services, or tailored partnerships. GroundTruth has built proprietary filtering processes that combines our BlueprintTM contextual mapping technology, owned & operated properties, along with 3rd party mobile location data, together yielding over 30B visits annually.
We believe that innovative technology starts with the best talent and have been ranked one of Ad Age’s Best Places to Work for two years in a row (2021 & 2022). Learn more about the perks of joining our team here.
All of our internships are paid and will run from End of May/Early June through End of August/Early September. We are looking to create a well-structured program where interns will augment their work experience, hone important skills, develop career goals and establish connections that will prove useful throughout their careers. GroundTruth will, in turn, learn from a pool of motivated individuals who bring fresh thinking and innovation to our workplace. Diversity will be a priority in our internship program and will include but not be limited to Race, Ethnicity & Socio Economic status along with sexual orientation, gender identity, age, and disability. Want to hear from some current employees? Watch this.
A bit about you
The ad serving team at GroundTruth develops and operates the servers that are core to our advertising business processing billions of requests per day in real time.
We are looking for an entry-level professional with limited or no prior experience to contribute on a project or work team. You will learn to use professional concepts to resolve problems of limited scope and complexity under close supervision while achieving day-to-day objectives. You will work on developmental assignments that are initially routine in nature, requiring limited judgment and decision making. You will also apply basic skills while developing some specialized skills in procedures, operations, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment appropriate to your area of specialization. This level is typically focused on self-development.
- Code and test software features to meet specifications
- Create and maintain unit and functional tests in collaboration with the testing team
- Provide operational support of your deployed code
- A team player who is organized, flexible and willing to adapt
- Not afraid of new technologies and driven to learn
- A detail-oriented person, who catches problems early and adjusts
- A strong communicator who is able to collaborate with multiple business and engineering stakeholders and work through conflicting needs
- A problem solver who likes to dive deep into a problem, diagnose root causes and work with multiple teams to come up with a solution
- Education: enrolled in or have recently completed a 4 year or post graduate degree in Computer Science or related field with top GPA from an accredited college / university
- Professional experience: preferred previous internships or 1+ years of experience in software engineering
- The following skills/certifications: Java, Linux, Git, Maven
- Additional nice to have skills/certifications:Akka, Netty, Scala, C++, OpenRTB, File Processing, Scrum.org Professional Scrum Developer I, AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner, Oracle Certified Professional Java Programmer
About the program:
The program begins with a two day immersive orientation, where you will participate in engaging leadership sessions, connect with employees and other interns, and develop an understanding of our company and industry.
Our buddy program: You will be paired with a buddy from outside of your team to support your growth and help you foster connections within GroundTruth.
Ongoing learning & development: You will attend ongoing career development workshops with our Growth & Development team throughout your time with us.
At the end of the program, you will deliver a final presentation to your team and executive leadership, showcasing your unique ideas and perspective on GroundTruth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity, inclusion and equity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under applicable federal, state and/or local laws. If you need reasonable accommodations in the application process, please reach out to us at email@example.com.