WHO IS MAKERHOUSE?
Makerhouse is a bespoke, multi-disciplinary, creative production house. We’re one-part strategic production operations with best-in-class institutional expertise. And one-part always-on content studio with brand design-centric makers and integrated client brand governance. Our specialist centers of excellence have a globally connected footprint with locally integrated agency + client creative partnerships. As well as expanded partnerships across WPP to amplify our offering when needed.
Product Information Writer
Could this be you?
A Product Information Writer is the primary creator of vetted and approved product copy to be used by entire Ford ecosystem - including but not limited to: Content Hub writers and content creators, agency campaign and/or 3rd party creators, digital and social creative development, and by Ford marketing clients worldwide. This role focuses on creating, maintaining, substantiating, and publishing “boilerplate” language to describe numerous existing and emerging Ford/Lincoln product features. By facilitating a deeper consumer-benefit acumen within GTB and the Ford ecosystem alike, this role ensures claim/benefit language is fully compliant and executable among a wide variety of end users. This role also partners closely with Associate Director Product Insights, Product Insight Specialists and Ad Compliance/OGC teams to be sure copy is fully approved and consistent in official substantiation documents (Affidavits, ECVs, Grids, etc.) that are developed during the creation of this copy.
In this role you will…
- Develop knowledge of departmental best practices, including updating claims and affidavits, client interaction, product reviews, and insight regarding the entire automotive industry
- Assist team members in assessing current automotive landscape and assessing content that needs to be developed and/or revised
- Ensure all claims and messaging is up to date and verified with each model year, and re-substantiated per Legal guidelines
- Understanding of Writers role in partnership with OGC/Legal Compliance teams to ensure communications are compliant and properly substantiated
- Maintain document(s) that demonstrate fully approved and substantiated copy that can be distributed ecosystem wide as “boilerplate” language. Maintain active role with Ad Compliance, Associate Director Product Insights and Product Specialists to ensure claim/substantiation process is adhered to
- Work with Product Specialist to develop and maintain access to Engineers, Designers, Media Communication and Brand clients. Partner with Agency personnel when needed
- Partner with Product Information staff to develop effective communication templates and approaches to allow for a library of approved information to be always available to the broader agency and Global regions
- Provide current and accurate technological copy for Product Specialists to use for validation of numerous communications
- Partner with Ad Compliance personnel to ensure copy is correct with minimal revisions and amendments, including partnering with OGC/Ford Legal entities
- Act as the go-to person for questions, concerns, problems, and general inquiries regarding vehicle communications and accuracy
- Accumulate knowledge of the automotive industry, competitive communications, and function
- Maintain and support all company standards as specified within the Quality Management System.
- Supports/facilitates the mandatory adherence to ISO9001 requirements, processes, and procedures.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Able to turn automotive facts into consumer-friendly language and copy
- Innate sense of curiosity and desire for continuous learning
- Ability to distinguish between critical details and unimportant facts
- Effective communicator with ability to concisely identify and convey pertinent information
- Ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Proficient with computers and willing to learn new applications as they become relevant
- Previous agency, engineering, management, or automotive experience
- Ability to work well with other teams and people
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- The physical and mental requirements to meet the above listed job responsibilities.
- There is no relocation assistance for this role.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, GTB Agency, LLC. does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, genetics, pregnancy-related status, veteran status, physical or mental disability where the individual is otherwise qualified, national or ethnic origin, or on any other basis where protected by law. We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR and other privacy laws for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.