WHO IS MAKERHOUSE?
Makerhouse is a bespoke, multi-disciplinary, creative production house. We’re one-part strategic production operations with best-in-class institutional expertise. And one-part always-on content studio with brand design-centric makers and integrated client brand governance. Our specialist centers of excellence have a globally connected footprint with locally integrated agency + client creative partnerships. As well as expanded partnerships across WPP to amplify our offering when needed.
Global Production Solutions Director
Could this be you?
Makerhouse is looking for a dynamic, versatile, and experienced hands-on Director to play a key leadership role on our global production operations team. In this role you will be responsible for leading efforts to drive positive change by carving out global production solutions for some of the world’s most forward-thinking global brands, in partnership with some of the most talented and passionate makers and production operations experts in the industry.
This position will be responsible for leading our Production Solutions practice inclusive
of the following areas of specialization and support:
- Global production workflow, tracking, curation, reporting and optimization
- Global asset management, curation, and fulfillment
- Global production technology platforms and toolsets
As a modern production model, Makerhouse operates in a highly fluid ecosystem of clients, partners, and vendors. Our ideal candidate is an inspiring hands-on leader, who can work collaboratively in partnership across organizations. Success will be driven through inspiring leadership, strategic thinking, creative problem solving and collaborative solutions. Our goal is to drive creative excellence + effectiveness, along with savings + efficiency across all aspects of our clients’ business. And have fun doing it.
In this role you will…
- Customer point of contact for asset management initiatives, working with clients, internal and external agencies, production staff, project managers and other regional program managers worldwide to plan and deliver asset support, training, enhancement requests, manage communication and troubleshooting.
- Manage teams responsible for asset lifecycle management responsible for curating, tagging, storing and retrieving content for all agency clients around the globe, along with ownership of multiple creative technologies (DAM, Video CMS, Font Server)
- Responsible for both agency and Ford enterprise DAM including full development of taxonomy and metadata, design and configuration to optimize user experience, training
- of users, metadata mapping and validation.
- Oversee the Ford Global Enterprise Asset Repository (GEAR) Business Support team onshore and offshore across globe and act as subject matter expert/primary contact for client business owners including system administration, configuration management, ownership of governance processes, and periodic metrics and efficiencies reporting.
- Develop processes and standards for all GEAR user support including user setup, role definitions, permission structures, and workspace visibility along with managing team responsible for help desk emails and phone calls from global user base.
- Work with global agency partners to ensure asset systems, processes, and operations meet the evolving needs of the creative production business.
- Responsible for the administration, configuration, and proactive promotion of current (MediaBeacon, Xinet, MarcomBox, CatDV, Brightcove) and future asset management tools.
- Collaborate with Ford agencies/markets around the world to build and implement efficient processes to drive improvement in the quality, speed, and cost of creating advertising and marketing materials.
- Work closely with internal and external customers to guide content support projects, introduce new features, and ensure users are making the most of the available toolset.
- Support workflow requirement development, to ensure asset management is an efficient and effective best practice solution for our client and agencies.
- Provide training and 3rd level support to client and agency users
- Ensures timely and appropriate response to inquiries and escalations with all relevant stakeholders
- Exercises initiative and creativity in the improvement, development, and implementation of enhancements to the production ecosystem
- Maintain and support all company standards as specified within the Quality Management System.
- Supports/facilitates the mandatory adherence to ISO9001 requirements, processes, and procedures.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Proven Asset Management and Production Technology acumen
- Large-scale global client experience; automotive experience a plus
- Excellent Leadership Skills and boundless enthusiasm
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Diplomacy will be essential to the role as there are numerous entities that need to be brought together
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong knowledge of technical and creative development processes.
- Ability to develop official business documents, including budgets, proposals, recommendations to clients, etc.
- Ability to manage and enforce best practices for production and business workflow
- Proficient command of project management principles, process, and tools.
- Strong experience working with creative, technical, and business support resources.
- Positive personality with ability to see solutions
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of information technology concepts and practices
- Industry trends involving information technology; and principles of change, problem, and asset management
- Ability to manage one or more projects simultaneously
- Develop and maintain good interpersonal skills regarding teamwork, cooperation, motivation, and listening
- Explain complicated and technical information in simple, non-technical language both verbally and in writing
- Logically analyze + synthesize complex process designs to develop process solutions
- Good understanding of process, tools, and marketing operations structures in complex organizations
- Experience in project management is highly desirable
- 10+ years of client-facing experience in marketing/advertising account management or project management in a leadership role with deep understanding of advertising production management and delivery
- Experience managing large-scale production projects
- Proven track record of working with & in marketing technology related to data-driven production – dynamic content, ad-serving, social platforms, & business intelligence / creative reporting
- Strong experience overseeing implementation of marketing campaigns within a cross discipline matrix organization
- Understanding production cross channel production supply base
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- The physical and mental requirements to meet the above listed job responsibilities.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, GTB Agency, LLC. does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, genetics, pregnancy-related status, veteran status, physical or mental disability where the individual is otherwise qualified, national or ethnic origin, or on any other basis where protected by law. We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR and other privacy laws for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.