WHO IS GTB?
GTB is a global industry-leading precision retail agency, creating ideas that inspire people to act. GTB was founded in 2007 and is part of WPP. Our media team operates as part of Mindshare.
At Mindshare, we believe in speed, teamwork, and provocation. Mindshare USA empowers people to challenge the status quo, through what we call Provocation with Purpose, to make advertising better. We’ll encourage you to break the rules, knock things down, rebuild them better, and push the boundaries of what’s possible. It takes a team of people who invest in other’s success, and together we make Mindshare the place where we do the best work of our career, grow, and have fun. We’re a team that is radically honest – we call this our Authenticity Quotient. We are curious and competitive – that’s our Passion Quotient. We embrace teamwork and adaptability – that’s our Emotional Quotient. We’re proud to be unmistakably #TeamMindshare. Although in this role you will operate daily as part of Mindshare, you will be an employee of GTB Agency, LLC and all terms of your employment will be governed by GTB (The Company).
Could this be you?
The Media Planner assists in the development and execution of media plans under the direction of a Media Supervisor or Associate Media Director.
In this role you will…
- Media Planning/Execution:
- Analyze and monitor media marketplace, marketing and other related media data to aid Media Supervisor or Associate Media Director.
- Evaluate and originate required media data for the execution of media plans. i.e., competitive spending, tracking plan delivery of audience, schedules rates, etc.
- Assist in the writing of media plan reviewed by Media Supervisor or Associate Media Director.
- Strategically participate with creative Agency in client meetings during media plan development.
- Maintain regular contact with junior level clients and account management.
- Assist in writing objectives and strategies, plan development and presentations.
- Write POV’s.
- Train Assistant Media Planners.
- Manage day to day plan changes and maintenance.
- Media Research Analysis:
- Proficient with media research tools: IMS
- Ability to analyze, evaluate, and effectively communicate media research data.
- Media Awareness:
- Keep up with industry trends.
- Work with Agency and internal resources on media related issues.
- Participate in Media training sessions.
- Maintain and support all company standards as specified within the Quality Management System.
- Supports/facilitates the mandatory adherence to ISO9001 requirements, processes and procedures.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Exceptional communication skills to work closely with and build relationships with account and buying teams.
- Strong presentation skills to garner support from the account management team and the external client.
- Analytical ability to gather and interpret market and sales figures and determine the most lucrative approach for the client while staying within budgetary guidelines.
- Ability to work with geo-demographic data and customer segmentation models to understand target definition at a market level.
- Have a strong understanding of media mix models, including experience with digital planning
- Strong computer skills (MS office).
- Significant organizational skills to work simultaneously on numerous media objectives in a comprehensive method.
- Two years media planning experience.
- Experience using Donovan, IMS, and other media tools preferred.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- The physical and mental requirements to meet the above listed job responsibilities.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, GTB Agency, LLC. does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, genetics, pregnancy-related status, veteran status, physical or mental disability where the individual is otherwise qualified, national or ethnic origin, or on any other basis where protected by law. We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR and other privacy laws for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.