WHO IS GTB?
GTB is a global industry-leading precision retail agency, creating ideas that inspire people to act. GTB was founded in 2007 and is part of WPP. Our primary focus is in Precision Retail, CRM and Shopper Marketing.
Group Director, Solutions
Could this be you?
The Platform group at GTB is responsible for architecting and enabling solutions that exist at the intersection of technology, data, and marketing. We view technology not merely as a tool, but as an enabler of a brand’s essence. Whether advertising campaigns, brand experiences, or innovative products, we build solutions that properly blend design, technology, and strategy.
As Group Director of Solutions, you will lead some of the best people in the industry, using your imagination, creativity, and technological skills to create physical and digital solutions for some of the world’s most forward-thinking brands. You will be charged with leading, inspiring, and growing a team of marketing technologists to develop pioneering ideas, prototypes, and solutions that deliver on a strategic vision.
Success will be driven through strategic creativity, execution, collaboration, and integration. As a modern agency, GTB operates in a highly fluid ecosystem of clients, partners, and vendors. Collaboration with GTB’s Experiences, Connections, Content, and other disciplines is core. But so too is having the ability to identify and work with an array of outside partners to effectively bring ideas to life. Those who can not only create and build their own, but also embrace iterating and integrating with others, are who we seek out and know to be essential to success.
In this role you will…
The primary responsibility of the Group Director of Solutions is to create and deliver digital solutions that adhere to the brand’s experience strategy through the alchemy of data, technology, design, and people. This involves driving marketing innovation through active testing of emerging technologies, constantly seeking out opportunities to optimize the brand, consumer, and agency experience through applications of technology, and managing & inspiring a diverse team of experts.
- Develop consultative relationship with senior clients across marketing, technology, and product development
- Create connections with technologists, product managers, and other external thought leaders within the broader marketing technology ecosystem
- Scale the marketing technologist discipline and Solutions group across the GTB network through partnership with regional leadership
- Maintain and support all company standards as specified within the Quality Management System.
- Supports/facilitates the mandatory adherence to ISO9001 requirements, processes and procedures.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- A boundless enthusiasm for emerging technologies and their application to complex problems
- A portfolio of work that represents your technological prowess, ideas and executional ability
- A deep understanding of today’s marketing technology ecosystem, along with an appreciation for compelling user experience and visual design
- Ability to drive rapid prototyping and quickly assemble working models for potential solutions
- Desire to tinker and create guided by the ability to execute and usher projects into engineering phases
- Ability to collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams and clients
- Strong presentation skills and ability to distill technical concepts to client partners and team members
- Comfortable working with clients to challenge their ideals and motivate a productive discourse
- Experience in an agency, start-up, or product driven work place where self-motivation and direction were the norm
- Ability to break the mold of how work is conceived, delivered and iterated
- 10+ years of deep interactive development/production experience
- 5+ years management experience
- Mobile app and mobile web development experience
- Experience in managing outside vendor/partner relationships
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- The physical and mental requirements to meet the above listed job responsibilities.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, GTB Agency, LLC. does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, genetics, pregnancy-related status, veteran status, physical or mental disability where the individual is otherwise qualified, national or ethnic origin, or on any other basis where protected by law. We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR and other privacy laws for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.