WHO IS MAKERHOUSE?
Makerhouse is an entirely new, tech-powered content production house. Built by combining the best design-centric maker capability with the largest technology production provider in the industry. We’re a diverse and talented team of visual storytellers, brand guardians, production specialists, animators, videographers, creative editors and sound designers.
Could this be you?
An opportunity has arisen for an Asset Manager to support the team with new and existing asset management systems across the agency.
This role will offer you the opportunity to work in a growing production house, helping to expand our brand and shape our future in technology. For this role we are looking for a highly motivated and focused individual to support adoption and proper use of asset management systems, manage asset workflows and be a part of the growing asset management team in Makerhouse.
The role is based on London’s South Bank, at our offices in Sea Containers House with flexible remote working options.
The Asset Management team has become the pillar of liaison between Makerhouse's Production, Post-Production, and 3rd Party Partner teams. This position has come about because of a rapidly growing studio outputting huge amounts of incredible content which requires extra support to ensure the smoothest possible management and delivery. Our purpose is to meticulously handle assets from creation to delivery and ensure that we are consistently identifying and filling gaps in our content, technology, and workflows.
We strive to optimize the day to day working of all involved through rigorous platform testing and improvement and consistently strive to harmonize technology developments with industry best practices across the board and have full support to do so meaning we can grow out many more areas of asset management outside of the physical handling of data such as Usage and Rights management, an ever growing and critical area of business for anyone creating media.
In this role you will…
Data Handling (55%)
- Support critical day to day handling of agency data by:
- Ingesting raw assets from shoots and doing first line QC of data before handover to studio resource
- Creating and supplying contact sheets and data reports when requested
- Uploading Assets to FTP sites for sharing internally and externally
- Downloading and filing assets from studio resource and third-party partners
- Sourcing assets when requested by agency and external markets
- Police and manage the internal systems to ensure the correct naming conventions and folder structures are used consistently and guide users to use these too
- Troubleshoot any system issues for the studio and handle appropriate technical escalations when required
- Liaise between agency users and IT department regarding asset ingestion and production server issues
- Training new starters and team members in the asset management processes
- Manage accessibility for agency users to the production server and relevant applications
- Manage and distribute drives for shoots and studio resources to effectively assist remote working teams
- Manage ticketing system and optimize time spent for the various tasks created
Data Migration (20%)
- Supporting the Makerhouse asset management team with migrating data off of the existing production platforms.
- Assisting the migration workflow by checking the previously migrated data integrity and metadata in order to confidently delete data from sources to aid the migration workflow
- Assisting with metadata gathering and policing to ensure accuracy
- Tracking what data is migrated and the new location of these files and reporting this with a timeline plan for future migrations and upcoming projects weekly.
Operational Support (20%)
- Support the Asset Manager and deployment teams with upholding the workflows and processes implemented
- Assist in evangelizing new workflows and processes and compile feedback for constructive review when needed
Annual leave support (5%)
- Cover some roles of the Makerhouse Asset Management team when on annual leave
- Experience handling Media Data and Asset Libraries
- Knowledge and understanding of media file types and their purposes
- Practical knowledge and experience with Adobe Creative Cloud
- Technical knowledge and understanding of system infrastructures and networks
- Technical experience managing servers, cloud archives and storage solutions
- Proven experience providing support to end users
- Excellent communication skills
- Goal Orientated and an excellent team player
- Excellent administrative skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent MS Office skills, particularly Excel
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- The physical and mental requirements to meet the above listed job responsibilities.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, GTB Agency, LLC. does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, genetics, pregnancy-related status, veteran status, physical or mental disability where the individual is otherwise qualified, national or ethnic origin, or on any other basis where protected by law. We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR and other privacy laws for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.