We’re on a mission to fundamentally transform mental healthcare accessibility. Grow Therapy empowers therapists to launch and grow thriving insurance-accepting private practices. We’re creating game-changing technology to build America’s biggest behavioral healthcare group and ensure that anyone can afford quality mental healthcare. Following the mass increase in depression and anxiety, the need for accessibility is more important than ever.
To make our vision for mental healthcare a reality, we’re building a team of entrepreneurs and mission-driven go-getters. Our founders come from Harvard Medical School, Stripe, and Blackstone, and are champions of balancing bold ambitions with a culture that promotes holistic well-being. Since launching in 2020, Grow has raised over $90M from top VCs and angel investors, including TCV, Transformation Capital, SignalFire, Village Global, CoFound, and leaders of Oscar, Nurx, Quartet, Airbnb, and Blackstone.
About The Role:
As a Staff Security Engineer at Grow, you’ll have a crucial role in ensuring the security of our apps and data, partnering with the rest of our technology team, and improving the overall security posture of the organization.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive security strategy for Grow’s apps and data.
- Develop and maintain security policies, procedures, and standards, and ensure adherence across the organization.
- Implement and/or integrate security features to harden Grow’s surface area against attacks.
- Maintain and improve compliance with regulatory requirements and industry standards such as HIPAA, SOC 2, and CCPA.
- Collaborate with Grow engineers and engineering teams to integrate security best practices into the development lifecycle.
- Conduct vulnerability assessments, provide remediation plans, and establish incident response playbooks
- Stay up to date with emerging security threats and trends, and proactively identify opportunities for improvement.
You’d be a great fit if...
- You have at least 5+ years of experience in security engineering, with a strong background in vulnerability management, network security, and incident response.
- You have experience with cloud securing cloud applications running on AWS.
- You have experience advocating for and helping implement security best practices within surface areas such as CI/CD pipelines and externally-visible APIs
- You have experience working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, and are comfortable with ambiguity and change.
- You have excellent communication and collaboration skills, and can work effectively with engineering and product teams to achieve common goals.
- You are proactive and self-motivated, and can work independently to identify and prioritize security risks and opportunities for improvement.
The salary range for this position is $190 - 220K per year.
- The chance to drive impact within the mental healthcare landscape from day one
- Comprehensive health insurance plans, including dental and vision
- Our dedication to mental health guides our culture. Wellness benefits include (but are not limited to):
- Flexible working hours and location (remote OR in-office, your choice!)
- Generous PTO
- Company-wide winter break
- Mental health mornings (2 hours each week)
- Team meditation
- Wellness Stipend
- In-office lunch and biweekly remote lunch on us!
- Continuous learning opportunities
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity to help build a rapidly scaling start-up organization by taking strong ownership of your work, mentorship, and our unbounded leadership opportunities