About your job:
Grow is a Latam-based holding for micromobility and payments. It is the result of the merger between Grin, the mexican scooter pioneer, and Yellow, a multimodal and payment player from Brazil.
At Grow Mobility our people are not just part of a team, they are part of something bigger. We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time.
As a Senior Android Developer you will help design and build apps used by millions of users every day. You must have a very high sense of ownership. You will be responsible for ensuring the quality of the apps our users use on a daily basis.
You will need excellent written and verbal communication skills since you will be working with teams in Mexico City and Sao Paulo.
About the Android Developers team:
There are currently 4 of us between Mexico City and Sao Paulo, but as an Android Engineer you will be joining a smaller, agile, cross-functional team made up of design, Android, iOS, product team and back-end engineers.
We're passionate about our codebase and are always looking for innovative ways to build fast. All our new code is written in Kotlin and we use an MVVM architecture with coroutines and Dagger to help us write high-quality, testable code.
As a team, we love to learn and often participate in internal meetups with other software engineers in the company and the wider tech community. For example, we've attended Google IO 19 and Android Dev Summit 2018 and 2019.
You'd fit the role if you:
- Have a strong android development experience
- Are comfortable with Kotlin
- Can find solutions to complex problems
- Can create new projects from scratch using modern technology
- Have worked with the Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Android APIs
- Have used different android architecture patterns like MVC, MVP and/or MVVM
- Love working with and learning from smart and passionate engineers as you
- Know agile / scrum and can work as part of a smaller cross-functional & feature focused team
- Can take ownership of big pieces of work, from the planning phase right the way through to execution and delivery
- Have a passion for quality and strong attention to detail
- Want to learn new technologies
- Have advanced experience in Android development and architecture, including API design techniques
- Have published one or more Android apps in Google Play
- Have a deep understanding of the Android OS components
- Love unit test every aspect of your app, from unit testing to integration testing
- Have experience with CI/CD
- Have experience in the post-release process, like bug fixing and crash reporting tools.
We'd be super impressed if:
- You contribute to the Android community, through things like projects on GitHub, blog posts or giving talks
- Like mentor junior developers