Grow is a Latam-based holding for micro-mobility and payments. It is the result of the merger between Grin, the Mexican scooter pioneer, and Yellow, a multimodal and payment player from Brazil.
About your job:
Reporting to the CFO and working closely with the Finance staff in 7 LatAm countries, the Global Controller is responsible for the legal entity financial reporting and statutory compliance. The Controller will also support the US GAAP financial close through the financial review and assurance processes. In addition, the local Controller will have a role within the local management team supporting the Latin America business operation and growth.
Here you are going to be responsible for:
- Responsible for all group operations, today 7 countries in LATAM.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Desire to exceed expectations and drive positive change in the organization
- Responsible for all aspects of accounting and tax (accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing, general ledger entries, bank reconciliation and etc.)
- Owner of the closing process
- Prepare general ledger account reconciliations
- Timely and accurately perform monthly, quarterly, annual, and ad hoc financial reporting and analysis of the balance sheet
- Consolidation and reporting
- Attend all brazilian statutory and tax requirements and support local teams in different countries
- Develop and implement necessary accounting policies
- Constantly look for efficiencies by challenging and redefining processes, identifying risks and defining plans for improvements.
- Coordinate annual audits and consultants
- Serve as lead accountant for the region, providing leadership and guidance to local teams on accounting as well as tax matters.
- Prepare balance verification reports
- Prepare schedules and coordinate annual audits
- Work on special projects as assigned
- A demonstrated history of solving multiple and complex operational and accounting challenges
- Understanding of internal controls and compliance framework
- Active CRC certificate
- Solid and relevant experience and demonstrated success/knowledge
- Experience on leading cross cultural teams remotely
- Deep knowledge of brazilian tax and statutory requirements
- Experience on consolidating financial statements of companies located in different countries
- Big 4 public accounting experience is a plus
- Fluent english mandatory and spanish a big plus
- Availability to travel up to 20% of the time
- Work with transparency, ethics and integrity
- Proven self-starter with the ability to balance multiple tasks of competing priorities in a changing and dynamic environment.
- Advanced Excel skills; proficient in MS Office applications
- Proven ability to perform under tight timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Startup environment
- Need to love bikes and scooters ;)