Grovo was built to help modern professionals perform better at work, and to equip students with the skills they need to enter the workforce. Over the past five years, we've played a critical role in changing how people around the world learn digital skills—through short lessons and learning challenges that actually help translate knowledge into performance. Sales at Grovo is legendary throughout the office and is a smart, hard-working, relentless, disciplined and playful team. The team is structured on the Predictable Revenue model and Marketing sources >90% of the leads (MQLs) and since the first dedicated sales hire in September 2013, the team has not missed a monthly target.
Founded in 2010, Grovo has raised venture financing from Accel Partners, Greg Waldorf, Costanoa Venture Capital, SoftTechVC, Lerer Ventures and Red Swan Ventures.
Grovo has experienced tremendous growth since its founding, with over 20% MoM bookings growth for the past 19 months straight, and a workforce that has more than tripled in size over the past year.
To learn more about our team and our culture, visit grovo.com/careers.
About the role
As a Sales Development Representative (SDR) or Market Response Representative (MRR) you will be responsible for generating extreme interest in Grovo through contacting and qualifying Marketing-generated leads.
Your goals are directly proportional to the goals of the Account Executive team, which you will be supporting through delivery of high-quality leads who are interested in further exploring our SaaS solution. The best way to be successful is by exhibiting a ferocious desire to learn, perform and rise within our organization – nothing less will be acceptable.
This position reports to Grovo’s Lead Gen Managers at our NYC headquarters – if you’re hungry to crush and make an impact in the fastest growing tech startup in NYC, please apply.
- Exceed monthly/quarterly Sales Qualified Lead and Deals Sourced targets
- Strategize with top-producing Account Executives and Sales Managers to improve performance and processes
- Initiate conversations with potential client via phone and email outreach
- Be an active member of the team by sharing learnings
- Manage and maintain a pipeline of interested prospects
- Undergraduate degree from a top university
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience selling complex systems or products
- Experience selling SAAS products
- Salesforce.com and Google Apps
The ideal candidate:
- Is extremely hungry and driven to make an impact
- Wants to win individually and as a team
- Has high energy with a high EQ
- Is very organized and detailed oriented
- Has strong communication skills
- Is autonomous while still collaborative
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
- Listens and gets clarification, responds well to questions
- Gives and welcomes feedback
- Is proactive, creative, and able to work individually as well as work as part of a team
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive base salary, stock options, free health benefits, commuter savings, happy hours, full in-office gym and personal training sessions with in-house Health Director, free nutrition and ergonomics classes, Razor scooter time trials, standing desks, full event space with 110" screen, 360 degree views of Manhattan, nap rooms, access to our fully stocked kitchen, and the opportunity to work at NYC Tech Internet Week's 'Best Place to Work'.