Grover makes access to tech easy, affordable, and sustainable—with flexible tech rental subscriptions. No deposits, no commitment, just tech when you want it for as long as you need it.
With around $1.3 billion in financing, Grover is one of Germany’s best-funded scale-ups, and we’re growing fast. Since 2015, we’ve gone from a small startup operating out of a Berlin apartment to a team of 500+ people, bringing flexible tech subscriptions to renters across Germany, Austria, the USA, Spain, and The Netherlands.
And we’re just getting started. This year, we’re expanding into even more countries and launching even more innovative ways for people to access the tech they need.
Our Mission & Vision
We’re making it possible for more people to get the best out of life–with flexible, affordable access to the tech they need. That was our bold vision when we started back in 2015, and—with over 1 million renters across 5 countries—we’re right on track.
We’re also proud to champion a more sustainable way to use tech. With over 500,000 devices returned, refurbished, and recirculated so far, we’ve already saved 1,500 tons of e-waste from ending up in a landfill.
Want to join us on our mission to give more people flexible access to the tech they need? We’d love to have you on the team.
We are currently looking for a passionate Engineering Manager (m/f/x) full-time in our Berlin HQ.
🎯 What you will contribute:
- Lead 3 to 6 engineers in a cross-functional team
- Motivate and grow a team of engineers, structure their career goals, and be responsible for the team's health
- With your product counterpart, work with stakeholders to plan the deliverables
- Support your product counterpart in being data-driven when setting goals for the team
- In collaboration with our CTO, our Engineering Managers steer the organization toward maturity, transparency, and excellence
- Shape the future of our architecture and tech ecosystem while we grow and expand in new countries
To spark your curiosity, we currently work with the following Tech stack:
- Node.js (NestJS, TypeScript) for our services
- Ruby (Rails) for our eCommerce application
- Data: Postgres, ElasticSearch and Mongo / DocumentDB
- GraphQL and REST APIs
- Messaging: Kafka (Confluent)
- Infrastructure as code: Terraform to maintain our AWS infrastructure (Microservices - ECS with EC2 and Fargate, as well as serverless with API Gateway and Lambda
🤝 What you bring:
- 3+ years experience in a similar leadership role in a fast-paced environment
- System design expertise and knowledge of modern micro-service architectures
- Experience using and implementing engineering best practices such as CI/CD, TDD
- Self-direction and maturity. You are able to question the status quo, and you can make strategic decisions by yourself when needed
- Business acumen. You can see the big picture from both tech & business angles, and shape your strategy and communication accordingly while keeping stakeholders aligned
- Leadership skills: You are a dedicated leader, who inspires your team members and engages them in our vision and goals, fostering a really autonomous environment
A plus if you have:
- Background in payment domain
- Experience with HTTP integration
- Experience with fintechs
❤️🔥 What you will love about us:
- Hybrid model with flexible working hours
- BVG monthly discount to drive you everywhere in Germany
- Mental health support with Nilohealth
- Physical health support with ClassPass
- Annual learning budget of 1000€ per year
- Exclusive Grover Tech discount for your friends and family
- Engaging, open office located in Berlin-Schöneberg with regular events!
If you fancy an influential role and making our world a little greener, become part of the Grover Family, and let's grow together. 💚
We are looking forward to e-meeting you! 🚀