Grover makes access to tech easy, affordable, and sustainable—with flexible tech rental subscriptions. No deposits, no commitment, just tech when you want it for as long as you need it.
With around $1.3 billion in financing, Grover is one of Germany’s best-funded scale-ups, and we’re growing fast. Since 2015, we’ve gone from a small startup operating out of a Berlin apartment to a team of 500+ people, bringing flexible tech subscriptions to renters across Germany, Austria, the USA, Spain, and The Netherlands.
And we’re just getting started. This year, we’re expanding into even more countries and launching even more innovative ways for people to access the tech they need.
Our Mission & Vision
We’re making it possible for more people to get the best out of life–with flexible, affordable access to the tech they need. That was our bold vision when we started back in 2015, and—with over 1 million renters across 5 countries—we’re right on track.
We’re also proud to champion a more sustainable way to use tech. With over 500,000 devices returned, refurbished, and recirculated so far, we’ve already saved 1,500 tons of e-waste from ending up in a landfill.
Want to join us on our mission to give more people flexible access to the tech they need? We’d love to have you on the team.
We are looking for a Debt Collections Team Lead - US (m/w/x) to join our team.
As the Debt Collections Team Lead - US, you will:
- Organize, manage, and lead a team of US-based Collections agents
- Leverage your strong Contact and engage customers via multiple channels, informing them of overdue payments
- Plan the proper strategy and course of action to recover outstanding and delinquent payment
- Recover outstanding and unreturned Grover assets and devices
- Negotiate payoff deadlines or payment plans with delinquent customers
- Respond to customer inquiries and work collaboratively and cross functionally to resolve discrepancies
- Update account statuses and ensure proper data tracking is reflected in our databases
- Escalate problems and challenges to superiors related to debtors unwilling or unable to pay
- Manage our relationships with 3rd party debt collections agencies
- Track and work to improve operational KPIs: Costs per dollar collected, Contact Rates, Cure Rates, Collection Roll Rates, etc
You care about:
- Ownership: you easily communicate ideas, implement them, and take responsibility for your actions
- Helping others: sharing knowledge with your colleagues is on top of your priorities
- Fast-paced startups: you love adapting to different situations, and you know how and when to iterate fast and with high quality
- Passion: to improve processes and drive efficiencies
- Our product: you believe in our vision, and are willing to give your best to build the future of Grover
We are looking for a passionate Debt Collections Team Lead - US with:
- At least 10+ years of relevant work experience in debt collections
- Customer service mindset and extreme attention to details
- Operational and analytical skills that can drive impact and process improvements
- Deep knowledge of the US collection landscape as it relates to customer payment methods, collection strategies, and channel methodology
- Passion for growth, and the desire to improve processes and efficiencies
- The ability to multitask and work with targets and tight deadlines
- Experience with MS Office & Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus
- Location: Miami or Remote
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Flexible work environment
- Commitment to transparency, openness, and DEI
- Entrepreneurial responsibility
- Career growth and development
- Virtual Events and exposure to diverse / multicultural team environment