MORE TOMORROW NOW.
Grover’s vision is for more people to get the best out of life – with flexible, affordable access to the tech they want. Our monthly tech rental subscription model is a more sustainable way to use tech – as part of the circular economy.
Grover is growing. Fast. In 5 years, we’ve gone from a small startup based in a Berlin apartment to a team of 200+ people, offering flexible tech rental across Germany, Austria, Spain and The Netherlands. And we’re just getting started. This year, we’re expanding into even more countries and launching even more innovative ways for people to access tech – for them to get more tomorrow now.
Tomorrow’s tech lets us achieve extraordinary things, to experience deeper, work smarter, play harder and live better. So if you want to join us on our mission to get tech into more people’s hands in a simple, smart, sustainable way, we’d love to have you on the team.
We are looking for a Group Product Director (m/w/x) to join our talented Operations team.
As Group Product Director, you will lead Product Management for the Operations Working Group consisting of 3 cross-functional squads (Inbound and Inventory, Outbound, and Customer Support).
You will report directly to the CPO and work cross-functionally with engineering and design leads, as well as functional leadership across the company to define and execute on a strategy that drives a reliable and delightful product-as-a-service subscription experience for all Grover customers.
As a Group Product Director, you will:
- Shape and execute on Grover’s product strategy, while crafting and aligning clear product plans and reviewing results regularly with product leadership
- Help to define, communicate, and execute on objectives and key results with design, business, and engineering Working Group Leads
- Be an effective liaison and communicator with senior business stakeholders, and continuously prioritize your domain’s product portfolio based on company strategy
- Help your team of Product Managers to set and negotiate priorities, define scope, and ultimately deliver results that matter
- Be a mentor to your team of Product Managers, assist in their development and training, provide constructive feedback, and direct them to push the boundaries of creativity while thinking strategically and in line with business goals and timelines
- Get to understand deeply how Grover works from a business and customer value perspective, and work effectively with stakeholders to maximize opportunities both in terms of value creation and time to market
- Cultivate product management principles and best practices for the benefit of your teams while sharing best practices with the product management community globally
You care about:
- Our customers: you have a strong understanding of what it takes to build best-in-class logistics and reverse logistics solutions for high volume B2B and B2C eCommerce retailers
- Exceptional communication and people management skills
- Effectively communicating and building consensus from a variety of different stakeholders, solve problems, ‘see around corners’, make decisions and influence stakeholders on product value, process and outcomes while maintaining a positive energy and focus
- Inspiring, developing and steering teams to ensure continuous delivery of value
- Creating a positive product team culture and environment where all can learn from one another
- The big picture: everything you do is coherent as a whole and builds towards a vision that you collaboratively form with your team
- Building products: you understand how software is designed and built, and are effectively communicating with Designers, Engineers and everyone in-between
- Fast-paced startups: you love adapting to different situations, and you know how and when to iterate fast and with high quality
- Our product: you believe in our vision, and are willing to give your best to build the future of Grover
We are looking for a passionate Group Product Director with:
- 8+ years experience working in product management, logistics, or a similar profession
- Experience working on operations at a high volume retail B2C or B2B eCommerce company
- Ability to ramp up quickly in new domains when required
- A “growth mindset” when exposed to new domains and actively seeks to learn more about emerging business, design, and tech trends
- Experience coordinating and analyzing multivariate tests and building a culture of experimentation at scale
- Knowledge of agile methodologies such as SCRUM and Kanban
- Exceptional verbal and written word communicator with strong business acumen
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours combined with a semi-remote work structure. Office? Remote? Figure out the balance that works best for you
- Entrepreneurial responsibilities and upward career growth
- Engaging, open office located in central Berlin
- Diverse global team of 50 nationalities (and counting)! Genuinely the nicest group of colleagues who will soon become friends
- Team events, Grover tech discounts, and expanding perks