MORE TOMORROW NOW.
Grover’s vision is for more people to get the best out of life – with flexible, affordable access to the tech they want. Our monthly tech rental subscription model is a more sustainable way to use tech – as part of the circular economy.
Grover is growing. Fast. In 5 years, we’ve gone from a small startup based in a Berlin apartment to a team of 200+ people, offering flexible tech rental across Germany, Austria, Spain and The Netherlands. And we’re just getting started. This year, we’re expanding into even more countries and launching even more innovative ways for people to access tech – for them to get more tomorrow now.
Tomorrow’s tech lets us achieve extraordinary things, to experience deeper, work smarter, play harder and live better. So if you want to join us on our mission to get tech into more people’s hands in a simple, smart, sustainable way, we’d love to have you on the team.
We are looking for a Mobile Software Engineer with different levels of seniority to join our Engineering team!
Our Software Engineers often describe the projects as complex, but fun. We offer a great engineering culture: our team is still small, we value creativity and knowledge, and we don't take anything for granted!
You can work from our HQ in Berlin, or remotely.
As a Mobile Software Engineer, you will:
- Develop the CI/CD for the mobile code base that ensures a certain quality bar, and handles/manages the releases for staging, and production environments.
- Develop within a structure that enables various frameworks to be used within a single application (such as native, ReactNative, or web through WebView)
- Solve complex technical challenges in a timely manner.
- Participate in continuous improvements around the performance and ease-of-use of our mobile platform.
- Develop new features working with cross-functional squads, within a distributed team
- Have space for ownership and to implement your ideas, hone your skills and explore new approaches and technologies
- Participate in the creation of our engineering culture, take part in guilds, knowledge-sharing, and other initiatives to help our entire team do their best work
- Contribute to our hiring strategy and onboard new team members
You care about:
- User experience driven: you understand that products, concepts and implementation plans should all be accessible and ready for
- User experience driven: you understand that products, concepts and implementation plans should all be tailored for the best user experience. You follow the latest user experience design principles, and raise the quality bar of our mobile platform.
- Ownership: you easily communicate ideas, implement them, and take responsibility for your actions
- Fast-paced startups: you love adapting to different situations, and you know how and when to iterate fast and with high quality
- Our product: you believe in our vision, and are willing to give your best to build the future of Grover
...and you like (or are interested in learning) the following topics:
- App development platforms (ex: Firebase, Parse, etc.)
- Automation, and CI/CD (ex: Cloud Build, Fastlane, GitHub Actions, Jenkins, etc.)
- Dependency injection frameworks (ex: Dagger, Koin, Swinject, etc.)
- Hybrid software frameworks (ex: Flutter, ReactNative, etc.)
- Mobile native programming languages (ex: Kotlin, Swift, etc.)
- Reactive programming (ex: Kotlin Flow, RxJS, RxSwift, etc.)
We are looking for a passionate teammate with:
- Interested in working with code bases that have a hybrid approach of different frameworks (native, hybrid, web).
- Interested in working with common architectural patterns (MVVM, MVI).
- Interested in reactive programming.
- Outstanding knowledge and understanding of mobile UX.
- Proven experience with automation; implementing, and maintaining recurring tasks in a CI/CD system.
- Eagerness to solve problems by following the principles of TDD.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours combined with a remote or semi-remote work structure. Office? Remote? Figure out the balance that works best for you
- Entrepreneurial responsibilities and upward career growth
- Engaging, open office located in central Berlin
- Diverse global team of 40 nationalities (and counting)! Genuinely the nicest group of colleagues who will soon become friends
- Team events, Grover tech discounts, and expanding perks (performance cycle based in our career ladder, development budget, etc)