MORE TOMORROW NOW.
Grover’s vision is for more people to get the best out of life – with flexible, affordable access to the tech they want. Our monthly tech rental subscription model is a more sustainable way to use tech – as part of the circular economy.
Grover is growing. Fast. In 5 years, we’ve gone from a small startup based in a Berlin apartment to a team of 200+ people, offering flexible tech rental across Germany, Austria, Spain and The Netherlands. And we’re just getting started. This year, we’re expanding into even more countries and launching even more innovative ways for people to access tech – for them to get more tomorrow now.
Tomorrow’s tech lets us achieve extraordinary things, to experience deeper, work smarter, play harder and live better. So if you want to join us on our mission to get tech into more people’s hands in a simple, smart, sustainable way, we’d love to have you on the team.
We are looking for a Sr. Accountant to join our talented Finance team in Berlin.
As a Sr. Accountant, you will:
Manage the tracking and flow of 200.000+ individual fixed assets in fixed asset register and help develop processes to ensure (semi)-automated tracking of newly acquired assets
Be responsible for the monthly and annual asset reconciliation and reporting (under HGB and IFRS)
Be accountable for ensuring that policies and procedures (internal controls) and required tools are in place for the areas Accounting and Tax in areas pertaining to assets
Ensure that company fixed asset are maintained and movements are tracked on an individual asset level
Manage and optimize the high-volume fixed asset bookkeeping process
Lead and develop qualified financial personnel capable of meeting the objectives and responsibilities
Work with internal (IT, Controlling etc.) and external (Auditors, Tax advisors, Investors, Lenders) stakeholders in an efficient and constructive manner
You care about:
- Ownership: you easily communicate ideas, implement them, and take responsibility for your actions
- Helping others: sharing knowledge with your colleagues is on top of your priorities
- Fast-paced startups: you love adapting to different situations, and you know how and when to iterate fast and with high quality
- Our product: you believe in our vision, and are willing to give your best to build the future of Grover
We are looking for a passionate Sr. Accountant, with:
Background in Business Administration with a specialization in Finance/Accounting/Controlling and strong German GAAP (HGB) skills (IFRS expertise is a strong plus)
- At least +3 years of combined Public Accounting and Private Industry accounting experience ideally from a Big Four and/or in a growth-phase company
- Experience working with accounting systems (ideally SAP Business One and Lucanet), monthly group reporting and German tax compliance
- Great leadership skills and the ability to manage a team as well as work collaboratively across departmental functions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in both German and English